New Generation Nano – the Longest Lasting Battery with Invisible Wire
Nano 2S is our newest generation Nano light that maintains its legacy of the smallest and brightest light on the market while improving on the optics, lamp wire/connector and battery with the most advanced and integrated technology.
Nano 2S quadruples the battery running time of its predecessors. It is the most reliable, the longest running and the easiest to use smart battery with a large single push button for easy elbow activation.
Further improved with a soft nano-engineered super thin Teflon wire, users will no longer need to struggle with lamp cord as they always do. In fact, users may not even feel or notice the high-tech wire with the new release design.
Additionally, Nano 2S outputs an optimum beam size that illuminates the whole oral cavity with the most uniform beam.
Nano 2S is a heavy duty light that significantly outperforms its predecessors which has already received high ratings from clinical evaluations including Reality and Dental Product Shopper from 2011-2012 as well as any competitors in the dental office illumination field.
Applications: Light weight magnified illumination for general practitioners and specialists.
Construction: Unique nano-engineered Teflon wire, reinforced custom connector, custom optics, microcontroller built-in smart and sleek battery pack.
Power and Flexibility:
- Proven 40000 lux cool white light.
- Battery pack – the smallest, smartest and longest lasting battery pack for up to 24 hours running time
- Optimized beam quality generating minimum glares.
- Large raised button for hands free operation with easy elbow activation.
- Remember the power level setting of the user’s choice.
- Backlit display of battery status
- Smart audible beep ten minutes ahead of low battery shutdown.
- An articulating arm optimized for line-of-sight illumination.
- Most comfortable light with an “invisible” lamp cord
- Fit to all major loupes with shock-proof durability.
* Based on published and tested data.
|Nano 2S||Nano 2C||Xtreme|
|Light Intensity||Level 1 = 12,000 lux||Level 1 = 12,000 lux||Level 1 = 35,000 lux|
|Level 2 = 20,000 lux||Level 2 = 20,000 lux||Level 2 = 55,000 lux|
|Level 3 = 40,000 lux||Level 3 = 40,000 lux||Level 3 = 100,000 lux|
|Weight||Lamp = 6 grams||Lamp = 6 grams||Lamp = 19 grams|
|Battery = 137 grams||Battery = 87 grams||Battery = 87 grams|
|Size||17 mm (Diameter) x||17 mm (Diameter) x||21 mm (Diameter)|
|Beam Size (@14″)||3inch||3inch||Variable 1.8 – 3.8 inch|
|Bulb Life||100,000 hrs||100,000 hrs||100,000 hrs|
|Replaceable Cord||Service only||Service only||Yes|
|Battery Run Time (1 Nano 2C and 2 Others)||Level 1 = 24 hrs||Level 1 = 10 hrs||Level 1 = 10 hrs|
|Level 2 = 14 hrs||Level 2 = 6 hrs||Level 2 = 5.5 hrs|
|Level 3 =10 hrs||Level 3 = 4.5 hrs||Level 3 = 4 hrs|
|Recharge Time||2.5 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs|
|Loupe Adapters||Adapts to all loupes||Adapts to all loupes||Adapts to all loupes|
|Recommended Applications||General Illumination for heavy duty office operation||Best suited to Hygienist, student, and small offices.||Oral Surgeons,|
|High Magnification Illumination,|
DentLight’s composite filter is custom designed and molded to prevent composite cures during prep and filling before final cures. It is incredibly easy to use:
- Hold the filter clip above the ledge/rim close to the front of the lamp housing
- Snap the clip into the rim for a secure fit
- Use filter flip paddle/tool to flip the filter in and out of the field
- Orange filter to block blue light
- Filter has three preset angels/positions to easily get out of the light field
- Flip flip paddle/tool (autoclavable) prevents any contamination on the filter, light or loupe.
Nano uses custom made special Teflon wire that is not only strong and durable but also easy to maneuver into predetermined shapes to conform to the frame/facial contour. Use spiral Wire Wrap to fix the wire on the frame temple. Angle set the wire coming out of the LED lamp to comply with the contour of your loupe frame
Use Wire Clip to fix the cord on the scrub collar on the back of your neck. Use of protection cord will help extend the lifetime of your cord as illustrated below. (a) Position Battery Pack with the Battery Pouch/Clip on the waist or belt of your scrub. (b) Always use Protection/Extension Cord when battery is placed in your scrub pocket.
Assemble the loupe light to your loupes using one of the interchangeable mounting adapters:
- For flat glass frames and safety goggles, use the standard Universal/L combo adapter to clip on to the frame center. Route wire by bending the Teflon wire 90 degrees at both the center of the frame and temple/frame junction. Use Wire Wrap to secure wire on the Frame Temple.
- For 1) Orascoptic Rudy; 2) Zeiss EyeMag pro; 3) Orascoptic Titanium; 4) Surgitel Titanium, first remove glue-on logo plate at the center of the frame, then screw on L-adapter at the center of the frame.
- For Flip-up loupes (e.g. iZoom, Sheervision, Surgitel, PeriOptix), use U-adapter and slide to the middle of the flip-up bar.
- For DFV Yoeman, Nike, Surgitel Oakley and other curved frames, use Y-adapter to mount at the center of the frame with optimized cascading articulating arms.
For further detailed mounting options to other loupes, contact DentLight for information.
By DentalcompareOperator Lights for Dental Loupes Dentalcompare
How is Dentlight different from other headlights?
- Nano 2S and 2C lights are our fourth generation lights released in 2014 optimized to the engineering extreme of performance and quality.
- First Nano light is a lot smaller and easier to use than other similar lights on the market. Weighing 6 grams on the lamp and 17 grams total with the cord, it is the lightest and most comfortable loupe light on the market by a huge margin.
- Second, the light intensity and pattern uniformity outperform most of the headlights making the visual acuity of teeth much better. Most other lights have internal pattern structure within the light beam making the intensity pattern uneven and distorting the field of view.
- Third, Nano battery is designed with a built-in microcontroller to regulate battery, LED power and smart audible/display indications. Most other competitors use low level analog battery with mechanical buttons/turn knobs. The more advanced digital design used in Nano battery makes it not only a lot easier to use and clean but also much more robust and reliable with no moving parts. It also makes it possible to become at least 1/3 smaller but longer running for up to 24 hours.
- Last, the Nano 2S/2C lights use nano-engineered wire that is less than half of the size of anything out there while having ten times the mechanical flexural strength. The patent-pending wire and wire connection makes your daily routine much more comfortable and user friendly as the light becomes invisible in your practice..
- Dentlight also has the most complete dental headlight offerings of any companies beyond the small light offering of Nano.
- Xtreme delivers medium-to-high end optical power of up to 100,000 lux with uniform and variable beam size adjustment ideal for surgeons, endodontists and professionals who require the most power at even higher magnification.
Will Nano 2S/2C fit on any loupes, glasses or eyewear?
How durable are the Nano 2S/2C lights?
- When it comes to engineering design, DentLight is vertically integrated in the design and implementation of all components. We do not cut corners and use cheap components for professional use. We ensure the highest quality and design in our products to their engineering extreme in form-factor, functionality, ease of use and durability on each component of LED, wire/connector and battery.
- Headlamp itself consists of LED on its mounting base and optical assembly. Nano headlamp is shock proof in durability.
- Unlike other headlights using off-the-shelf wire and connectors, Nano 2S/2C uses custom nano-engineered wire and patent-pending reinforced connectors unmatched on the market in comfort, strength and quality. We are proud to achieve the engineering feat that our competitors can only look up to.
- Our products have evolved in four generations with each one performing better than the previous one while maintaining our pricing throughout the improvements. This is different from larger companies which outsource most of the development or smaller companies which rely on standard off-the-shelf products with no control over materials. We pride ourselves in standing behind our products over the past 9 years serving dental professionals to their highest standards.
How long does the battery run?
Battery performance (hours)
|Nano 2S||Nano 2C|
How long will the wire/connector last?
- Lamp wire and connector are the most stressed component in the headlamp use.
- Nano 2S/2C are the fourth generation lights designed by DentLight with further improved custom nano-engineered teflon wire and custom molded reinforced connector to address the challenging problem.
- The unique mechanical properties of the teflon materials used in the wire offer ten times the flexural strength as well as impact, cut-through and abrasion resistance than regular PE wires. This enables us to reduce the lamp wire diameter from 3mm to 1.5mm. The smaller size not only reduces stress but also improves the durability and handling from clinical wear and tear.
- Combined with custom soldered and molded connector with a reinforced jacket, the new generation releases represent the most advanced technology design for professional medical illumination applications making the wire and connector so much easier to use and manage that it feels like invisible to most users.
- Additionally, the new release kits come with custom protection cord to further extend the lifetime of your lamp in a harsh clinical environment with expected service life 2-3x longer.
- Furthermore, Nano 2S/2C are designed with modular construction for easy in-house service replacement, which no other manufacturers offer. This will reduce the cost of ownership of the product for a long long time of profit generation in the clinics.
What is a protection cord and why is it needed?
What is the beam size from Nano?
Is it possible to operate Nano handsfree?
- Yes. Nano 2S and 2C come in with two special features that enable handsfree operation:
1. Battery pack with large ON/OFF key that only requires a simple knock from the elbow to turn on and off the light. This feature avoids contamination on the battery.
2. Composite filter flip-up paddle that avoids contamination of filter/light.
Can I leave the battery on the charger all the time?
Does DentLight’s headlights get hot?
- LED headlights generate light through electrical current. The conversion from electrical power to optical power is close to quantum limit meaning that it is much more efficient than normal light bulb (about 80% energy saving). The part of electricity that did not convert to light dumps into heat sink of the headlight and increases temperatures.
Every high power headlight will generate some heat and become hot over time. The higher the power, the more heat. Depending on the size of the light, the heat will transfer into local temperatures or hot temperatures. The smaller the light, the hotter it gets with the same amount of electrical driving current and same surface areas.
DentLight's headlights are designed to optimize the heat at their individual design size and engineering target. There is one main difference between our lights and other competitors lights in that we isolate heat for safe operations.
In the low digital power setting, the lights will never get hot. In the highest digital power setting, the heat sink will get hot but other areas with easy access to finger, nose and forehead will never get hot. So use the light according to our instruction, it is safe to operate all the times.
Why should I buy your lights as compared to other cheaper lights?
- DentLight's headlights are half the cost of similar quality products with FDA certifications.
If you are comparing with LED lights in consumer stores that cost less than $100, the differences are:
- 4x to 8x more optical power with much focused beam (light you can not live with loupes)
- Easy mounting to your loupes and eye wear
- Integrated small rechargeable battery packs (you never need to worry about buying AA every day, the cost of which in a year will be more than the light)
- Add on accessories to enable your professional job
- Full service and support
If you are comparing with other lower cost headlights, DentLight offers the most trustworthy and quality products as proven by clinicians and we stand fully behind our products as compared to some other companies without any FDA certification or independent validations on quality or performance. See "What is the difference between Dentlight's headlights and other brands?" for further comparisons.
Can you weigh the advantadges of Headlights with Overhead Operating Lights?
- Much brighter: 2 to 4x more concentrated light which is crucial in loupe procedures in efficiency and doing better quality work
- Portable with minimum weight (basically you feel no burden with you)
- Direct line-of-sight with no shadows (ideal for teeth extraction)
- Skylight color easing color matching
- Easy composite settings
- Does not taken any chair/counter space
- No more bulb replacement
- As low as a fifth of the cost
How much light is enough for me?
Do I still need to replace light bulb?
What is a composite filter and How is DentLight’s different?
- Snap-on clip to headlight so that the filter can be taken in or out of the light in a snap
- Orange filter to block blue light
- Filter flip tool that can easily touch set filter into preset angels/positions while preventing any contamination on the filter, light or loupe.
How important is the weight of a headlight?
Why do I need a light?
Which headlight works best for me?
- Nano for general illumination with magnification
- iZoom for advanced illumination and oral exam where field of view (e.g. full oral cavity) and power are desired (e.g high magnification)
- Extreme for oral surgeons, endodontists and high power magnification users of above 4
Where can I purchase DentLight’s products?
What are the differences between Nano 2S/2C and our previous Nano lights?
After researching headlights at GNYDM 2011 I purchased the Nano light. My criteria for purchase revolved around comfort, quality of the light beam, as well as the quality of the product. It is now two years later and i am as happy with the purchase today, as I was the day it was purchased. Simply put, I see clearer, so my work is better. I have had two encounters with DentLight’s customer support and each time it has been exemplary. Thank you for a product that I would not practice without!
Shalom Mehler DMD
DentLight has introduced two terrific headlight systems: Nano Loupe Light and the iZoom. The same high quality manufacturing has produced two headlight systems that are lightweight, powerful, economical, and will adapt to any loupe system, headgear, safety shield of normal prescription glasses.
Dr. Howard Glazer
Nano is “so light, so bright…the perfect addition to any magnification system!”
Dr. Doug Lambert
I just wanted to let you know how wonderful your products are. I purchased the through-the lense loops and nano light. I do not know what I was waiting for, it has been amazing. The loopes fit and are adjusted perfectly. I have been telling all my colleagues about the quality and value of your products. Thank you
Christina Callaghan, RDH
DentLight Inc., an LED optics innovator in dental device design and manufacturing, is pleased to launch Nano 2C and 2S – the smallest, lightest and longest running headlights for professional medical illumination. Come see the new products at ADA booth #2025.
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – INDY||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|