New Generation Nano – the Longest Lasting Battery
Nano 2S is a new generation Nano light that maintains its legacy of the smallest and brightest light on the market while improving on the optics and battery with the most advanced technology. It comes with a super-capacity battery pack with running time up to 24 hours. The Nano 2S battery pack also improves with a large single push button for easy elbow activation making it hands free and incredibly reliable.
The smart battery has an internal self memory with the users’ preferred selection of the optical power setting among the three settings that they can choose. The advanced battery pack has a battery indicator that displays the battery status and will provide an audible beep one minute in advance of its shutdown.
Together with its super thin/reliable Teflon wire, an optimum beam size and a easy to use flip-up composite filter with three preset angles making it one of the most ergonomic and reliable light that you can count on for your general office procedures.
Nano 2S is a heavy duty light that further steps up from its predecessor which has already received high ratings from clinical evaluations including Reality, Dental Product Shopper and others from 2011-2012.
Applications: Light weight magnified illumination for general practitioners and specialists.
Construction: Unique Teflon wire, optics, heat isolation/heat sink designs and super sleek battery pack.
Power and Flexibility:
- Proven 40000 lux cool white light.
- One battery pack – the smallest, smartest and longest lasting battery pack.
- Optimized beam quality generating minimum glares.
- Large raised button for hands free operation with easy elbow activation.
- Remember the power level setting that the user’s select.
- Backlit display of battery status
- Smart audible beep one minute ahead of low battery shutdown.
- An articulating arm optimized for line-of-sight illumination.
- Optimized wire management with swivel battery pouch and clips.
- Fit to all loupes with shock-proof durability.
Nano 2S and 2C are designed to achieve the engineering limit with an intuitive and easy to use digital interface.
Most unique to its designs are the optical pattern uniformity, superior custom nano engineered wire, and small heavy duty battery pack.
Optical Uniformity: compared with other lights with inhomogeneous intensity across the field of view, Nano is much more uniform and has an optimized beam pattern.
Nano engineered wire is less than half the thickness (60% thinner) of other lights, making it much easy to manage and less intrusive.
Nano lamp system is close to half the weight of other self claimed feather/small light weight lamp. Not only Nano lamp is 6 grams light weight, but also the whole lamp plus wire are just 17 grams making it the lightest weight system on the market.
Nano 2S is 5 millimeters thicker than Nano 2C battery. Yet not only it is still much smaller than other light battery on the market, it is far more advanced in its digital electronics compared with other analog batteries: easy hands free activation button, digital battery meters, and audible beep 2 minutes before battery runs out. These are features not available from analog batteries.
|Light Intensity||Level 1 = 12,000 lux||Level 1 = 25,000 lux||Level 1 = 35,000 lux|
|Level 2 = 20,000 lux||Level 2 = 44,000 lux||Level 2 = 65,000 lux|
|Level 3 = 40,000 lux||Level 3 = 70,000 lux||Level 3 = 110,000 lux|
|Weight||Lamp = 6 grams||Lamp = 19 grams||Lamp = 24 grams|
|Battery = 87 grams||Battery = 87 grams||Battery = 87 grams|
|Size||18 mm (Diameter) x||21 mm (Diameter) x||28 mm (Diameter)|
|21mm (Length)||32mm (Length)|
|Beam Size (@12″)||2.8 inch||Variable 1.8 – 3.8 inch||1.5 inch|
|Bulb Life||50,000 hrs||50,000 hrs||50,000 hrs|
|Battery Run Time (1 Nano 2C and 2 Others)||Level 1 = 24 hrs||Level 1 = 10 hrs||Level 1 = 10 hrs|
|Level 2 = 14 hrs||Level 2 = 5.5 hrs||Level 2 = 5.5 hrs|
|Level 3 =10 hrs||Level 3 = 4 hrs||Level 3 = 4 hrs|
|Recharge Time||2.5 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs|
|Loupe Adapters||Adapts to all loupes||Adapts to all loupes||Adapts to all loupes|
|Recommended Applications||General Illumination||Oral Surgeons,
High Magnification Illumination,
|4-8X High Power Magnifications;
DentLight’s composite filter is custom designed and molded to prevent composite cures during prep and filling before final cures. It is incredibly easy to use:
- Hold the filter clip above the ledge/rim close to the front of the lamp housing
- Snap the clip into the rim for a secure fit
- Use filter flip paddle/tool to flip the filter in and out of the field
- Orange filter to block blue light
- Filter has three preset angels/positions to easily get out of the light field
- Flip flip paddle/tool (autoclavable) prevents any contamination on the filter, light or loupe.
Nano 2 uses custom made special Teflon wire that is not only strong and durable but also easy to maneuver into predetermined shapes to conform to the frame/facial contour. Use spiral Wire Wrap to fix the wire on the frame temple. Angle set the wire coming out of the LED lamp to comply with the contour of your loupe frame
Use Wire Clip to fix the cord on the scrub collar on the back of your neck. Place battery in one of the following configurations: (a) Position Battery Pack with the Battery Pouch/Clip on the waist or belt of your scrub. (b) Use Extension Cord to plug in the Battery Pack. Place Battery Pack directly in your scrub pocket.
Assemble the loupe light to your loupes using one of the interchangeable mounting adapters:
- For flat glass frames and safety goggles, use the standard Universal/L combo adapter to clip on to the frame center. Route wire by bending the Teflon wire 90 degrees at both the center of the frame and temple/frame junction. Use Wire Wrap to secure wire on the Frame Temple.
- For 1) Orascoptic Rudy; 2) Zeiss EyeMag pro; 3) Orascoptic Titanium; 4) Surgitel Titanium, first remove glue-on logo plate at the center of the frame, then screw on L-adapter at the center of the frame.
- For Flip-up loupes (e.g. iZoom, Sheervision, Surgitel, PeriOptix), use U-adapter and slide to the middle of the flip-up bar.
- For DFV Yoeman, Nike, Surgitel Oakley and other curved frames, use Y-adapter to mount at the center of the frame with optimized cascading articulating arms.
- For unconventional Flip-up loupes (e.g. Orascoptic Gem, Heine, Zeiss Smart), use Universal-B Clip-on adapter
For further detailed mounting options to other loupes, contact DentLight for information.
By DentalcompareOperator Lights for Dental Loupes Dentalcompare
How are DentLight’s Nano headlights different from other brands?
- Dentlight also has the most complete dental headlight offerings of any companies beyond the small light offering of Nano.
What are the differences between Nano 2S/2C and our previous Nano lights?
What is the beam size from Nano?
How durable are the Nano lights?
- When it comes to engineering design, DentLight is vertically integrated in the design and implementation of all components. This ensures the quality of our products to be designed to their engineering extreme in form-factor, functionality and durability on each component of LED, wire/connector and battery.
- Headlamp itself consists of LED on its mounting base and optical assembly. Nano headlamp is shock proof in durability.
- Unlike other headlights using off-the-shelf wire and connectors, Nano 2S and 2C uses custom nano-engineered wire and patent-pending reinforced connectors unmatched on the market in comfort, strength and quality.
- Our products have evolved in four generations with each one performing far better than the previous while we have maintained our pricings throughout the improvements. This is different from larger companies which outsource most of the development or smaller companies which rely on standard off-the-shelf products with no control over materials. We pride ourselves in standing behind our products over the past 9 years serving dental professionals.
Is it possible to operate Nano handsfree?
- Yes. Nano 2S and 2C come in with two special features that enable handsfree operation:
1. Battery pack with large ON/OFF key that only requires a simple knock from the elbow to turn on and off the light. This feature avoids contamination on the battery.
2. Composite filter flip-up paddle that avoids contamination of filter/light.
Can I fit your headlight on any loupes, glasses or headband?
How long does Nano run with battery?
Battery performance (hours)
|Nano 2S||Nano 2C|
Can I leave the battery on the charger all the time?
Does DentLight’s headlights get hot?
- LED headlights generate light through electrical current. The conversion from electrical power to optical power is close to quantum limit meaning that it is much more efficient than normal light bulb (about 80% energy saving). The part of electricity that did not convert to light dumps into heat sink of the headlight and increases temperatures.
Every high power headlight will generate some heat and become hot over time. The higher the power, the more heat. Depending on the size of the light, the heat will transfer into local temperatures or hot temperatures. The smaller the light, the hotter it gets with the same amount of electrical driving current and same surface areas.
DentLight's headlights are designed to optimize the heat at their individual design size and engineering target. There is one main difference between our lights and other competitors lights in that we isolate heat for safe operations.
In the low digital power setting, the lights will never get hot. In the highest digital power setting, the heat sink will get hot but other areas with easy access to finger, nose and forehead will never get hot. So use the light according to our instruction, it is safe to operate all the times.
Why should I buy your lights as compared to other cheaper lights?
- DentLight's headlights are half the cost of similar quality products with FDA certifications.
If you are comparing with LED lights in consumer stores that cost less than $100, the differences are:
- 4x to 8x more optical power with much focused beam (light you can not live with loupes)
- Easy mounting to your loupes and eye wear
- Integrated small rechargeable battery packs (you never need to worry about buying AA every day, the cost of which in a year will be more than the light)
- Add on accessories to enable your professional job
- Full service and support
If you are comparing with other lower cost headlights, DentLight offers the most trustworthy and quality products as proven by clinicians and we stand fully behind our products as compared to some other companies without any FDA certification or independent validations on quality or performance. See "What is the difference between Dentlight's headlights and other brands?" for further comparisons.
Can you weigh the advantadges of Headlights with Overhead Operating Lights?
- Much brighter: 2 to 4x more concentrated light which is crucial in loupe procedures in efficiency and doing better quality work
- Portable with minimum weight (basically you feel no burden with you)
- Direct line-of-sight with no shadows (ideal for teeth extraction)
- Skylight color easing color matching
- Easy composite settings
- Does not taken any chair/counter space
- No more bulb replacement
- As low as a fifth of the cost
How much light is enough for me?
Do I still need to replace light bulb?
What is a composite filter and How is DentLight’s different?
- Snap-on clip to headlight so that the filter can be taken in or out of the light in a snap
- Orange filter to block blue light
- Filter flip tool that can easily touch set filter into preset angels/positions while preventing any contamination on the filter, light or loupe.
How important is the weight of a headlight?
Why do I need a light?
Which headlight works best for me?
- Nano for general illumination with magnification
- iZoom for advanced illumination and oral exam where field of view (e.g. full oral cavity) and power are desired (e.g high magnification)
- Extreme for oral surgeons, endodontists and high power magnification users of above 4
Where can I purchase DentLight’s products?
After researching headlights at GNYDM 2011 I purchased the Nano light. My criteria for purchase revolved around comfort, quality of the light beam, as well as the quality of the product. It is now two years later and i am as happy with the purchase today, as I was the day it was purchased. Simply put, I see clearer, so my work is better. I have had two encounters with DentLight’s customer support and each time it has been exemplary. Thank you for a product that I would not practice without!
Shalom Mehler DMD
DentLight has introduced two terrific headlight systems: Nano Loupe Light and the iZoom. The same high quality manufacturing has produced two headlight systems that are lightweight, powerful, economical, and will adapt to any loupe system, headgear, safety shield of normal prescription glasses.
Dr. Howard Glazer
DentLight Inc., an LED optics innovator in dental device design and manufacturing, is pleased to launch Nano 2C and 2S – the smallest, lightest and longest running headlights for professional medical illumination. Come see the new products at ADA booth #2025.
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – INDY||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|