The Smallest and Most Durable Light now with Invisible Wire
Nano 2C is the same construction light as Nano 2S except with the smallest battery on the market.
The smart battery has an internal self-memory with the users’ preferred selection of the optical power setting among the three settings that they can choose. It runs 4.5 hours nonstop at high power setting and 10 hours at low setting. The Nano 2C battery pack also improves with a large single push button for easy elbow activation making it hands free and incredibly reliable.
The advanced battery pack has a battery indicator that displays the battery status and will provide an audible beep ten minutes in advance of its low battery shutdown.
Applications: Economic and light weight magnified illumination for general practitioners, hygienists, and dental students. Double up battery to run nonstop all day.
Construction: Unique nano-engineered “invisible” Teflon lamp cord, reinforced custom connector, custom optics, built-in microcontroller smart and sleek battery pack.
Modular construction for easy service on all components backed up by our service center in Plano, TX.
Power and Flexibility:
- Proven 40000 lux cool white light.
- Battery pack – the smallest and smartest battery pack
- Optimized beam quality with uniform pattern and skylight color for the most demanding procedures.
- Large raised button for hands free operation with easy elbow activation.
- Remember the power level setting of the user’s choice.
- Backlit display of battery status
- Smart audible beep ten minutes ahead of low battery shutdown.
- An articulating arm optimized for line-of-sight illumination.
- Fit to all major loupes with shock-proof durability.
- Clinical Techniques
- Warranty and Repair
- Where to buy
|Nano 2S||Nano 2C||Xtreme|
|Light Intensity||Level 1 = 12,000 lux||Level 1 = 12,000 lux||Level 1 = 35,000 lux|
|Level 2 = 20,000 lux||Level 2 = 20,000 lux||Level 2 = 55,000 lux|
|Level 3 = 40,000 lux||Level 3 = 40,000 lux||Level 3 = 100,000 lux|
|Weight||Lamp = 6 grams||Lamp = 6 grams||Lamp = 19 grams|
|Battery = 137 grams||Battery = 87 grams||Battery = 87 grams|
|Size||17 mm (Diameter) x||17 mm (Diameter) x||21 mm (Diameter)|
|Beam Size (@14″)||3inch||3inch||Variable 1.8 – 3.5inch|
|Bulb Life||100,000 hrs||100,000 hrs||100,000 hrs|
|Replaceable Cord||Service only||Service only||Yes|
|Battery Run Time||Level 1 = 24 hrs||Level 1 = 10 hrs||Level 1 = 10 hrs|
|Level 2 = 14 hrs||Level 2 = 6 hrs||Level 2 = 5.5 hrs|
|Level 3 =10 hrs||Level 3 = 4.5 hrs||Level 3 = 4 hrs|
|Recharge Time||2.5 hrs||2 hrs||2 hrs|
|Loupe Adapters||Adapts to all loupes||Adapts to all loupes||Adapts to all loupes|
|Recommended Applications||General Illumination/shade matching for heavy duty office operation||Best suited to Hygienist, student, and small offices. Double up battery for heavy duty office.||Oral Surgeons|
|High Magnification Illumination|
- Hold the filter clip above the ledge/rim close to the front of the lamp housing
- Snap the clip into the rim for a secure fit
- Use filter flip paddle/tool to flip the filter in and out of the field
- Orange filter to block blue light
- Filter has three preset angels/positions to easily get out of the light field
- Flip flip paddle/tool (autoclavable) prevents any contamination on the filter, light or loupe.
Nano uses custom made special Teflon wire that is not only strong and durable but also easy to maneuver into predetermined shapes to conform to the frame/facial contour. Use spiral Wire Wrap to fix the wire on the frame temple. Angle set the wire coming out of the LED lamp to comply with the contour of your loupe frame
Use Wire Clip to fix the cord on the scrub collar on the back of your neck. Use of protection cord will help extend the lifetime of your cord as illustrated below. (a) Position Battery Pack with the Battery Pouch/Clip on the waist or belt of your scrub. (b) Always use Protection/Extension Cord when battery is placed in your scrub pocket.
DentLight offers an affordable program for students and residents on our loupe and headlight systems. Take advantage of the special offerings:
- 1. Student Pricing
As a student, you are automatically eligible for special discounted prices.
- 2. Group Purchases
By bundling orders with other students, you will receive even greater savings.
- 3. Student Rep Program
By presenting Nano/iZoom products to your class, you can earn free loupes and headlights.
Life-time warranty on the LED bulb and one-year warranty on the rest of the components including battery, lamp cord and connector against defects in material and workmanship to the original purchaser of this product. This warranty is valid providing factory inspection indicates that any such defect was developed during normal and proper use. The manufacturer shall under no circumstances be liable for incidental, special, consequential damages and damage from misuse including the following expressed or implied:
– Improper operation, accident or neglect, misuse or abuse, such as physical damage (drops, cuts, scratches, etc.);
– Liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity, ultrasonic, autoclaving;
– Tampering, improper repairs or modifications that have not been carried out by a certified Service Center;
– Use of other spare parts and accessories other than from the manufacturer such as incorrect power adapter;
– Other acts which are not the faults of the manufacturer.
You may purchase extended warranty to cover the lamp cord/connector up to five years.
All product components can be repaired at Plano, TX with a typical turnaround time 2-5 days. Easy user replacement of protection cord in case of broken connector.
How long will the wire/connector last?
- Lamp wire and connector are the most stressed component in the headlamp use. Beyond personal care and wire management, the engineering designs of wire and connector are directly tied to the professional lifetime of the product.
- Nano 2S/2C are the fourth generation lights designed by DentLight. Material selection, patent-pending engineering and simplicity are the keys to the product design success. Rather than complicating the design with connection on the lamp side which introduces more failure point, we reduce the stress by shrinking the wire size to 1/4 of normal wire using nano-engineered teflon wire with a patent-pending reinforced connector on the battery side.
- The unique mechanical properties of the teflon materials used in the wire offer ten times the flexural strength as well as impact, cut-through and abrasion resistance than regular PE wires. This enables us to reduce the lamp wire diameter from 3mm to 1.5mm thus shrinking the wire volume to 1/4 of normal wires. The smaller size not only reduces stress but also improves the durability and handling from clinical wear and tear.
- Combined with custom soldered and molded connector with a reinforced jacket, the new generation Nano releases represent the most advanced technology design for professional medical illumination applications making the wire and connector so much easier to use and manage that the wire feels like "invisible" to most users.
- Additionally, the new release kits come with custom protection cord to further extend the lifetime of your lamp in a harsh clinical environment with expected service life 2-3x longer than normal headlamp.
- Furthermore, Nano 2S/2C are designed with modular construction for easy in-house service replacement, which no other manufacturers offer. This will reduce the cost of ownership of the product for a long long time of profit generation in the clinics.
What is a protection cord and why is it needed?
Which headlight works best for me?
- Nano 2S and 2C for general illumination with magnification
- Xtreme for oral surgeons, endodontists and high power magnification users who requires more intensity
What makes Nano lights the most comfortable lights?
Do I still need to replace light bulb?
Why should I buy your lights as compared to other cheaper lights?
- DentLight's headlights are half the cost of similar quality products with FDA certifications.
- If you are comparing with LED lights in consumer stores that cost less than $100, the differences are:
- 4x to 8x more optical power with much focused beam (light you can not live with loupes)
- Easy mounting to your loupes and eye wear
- Integrated small rechargeable battery packs (you never need to worry about buying AA every day, the cost of which in a year will be more than the light)
- Add on accessories to enable your professional job
- Full service and support
- One of the major concerns over the loupe light is safety as incidents have happened including fire hazard from burning battery and skin burn from lamp high temperature as illustrated from image below.
How is Dentlight different from other headlights?
- Nano 2S and 2C lights are our fourth generation lights released in 2014 optimized to the engineering extreme of performance and quality. Recent release Nano 2S Touchless in 2015 further extends user interface to a whole different level for the most comfort and safety from contamination perspectives.
- First Nano light is a lot smaller and easier to use than other similar lights on the market. Weighing 6 grams on the lamp and 17 grams total with the cord, it is the lightest and most comfortable loupe light on the market by a huge margin.
- Second, the light intensity and pattern uniformity outperform most of the headlights making the visual acuity of teeth much better. Most other lights have internal pattern structure within the light beam making the intensity pattern uneven and distorting the field of view.
- Third, Nano battery is designed with a built-in microcontroller to regulate battery, LED power and smart audible/display indications. Most other competitors use low level analog battery with mechanical buttons/turn knobs. The more advanced digital design used in Nano battery makes it not only a lot easier to use and clean but also much more robust and reliable with no moving parts. It also makes it possible to become at least 1/3 smaller but longer running for up to 24 hours. Nano 2S Touchless battery is a whole new level with easy activation of the light through proximity touch sensor even through gowns and gloves using the back of your palm or lower arm.
- Last, the Nano 2S/2C lights use nano-engineered wire that is less than half of the size of anything out there while having ten times the mechanical flexural strength. The patent-pending wire and wire connection makes your daily routine much more comfortable and user friendly as the light becomes invisible in your practice..
- Dentlight also has the most complete dental headlight offerings of any companies beyond the small light offering of Nano.
- Xtreme delivers medium-to-high end optical power of up to 100,000 lux with uniform and variable beam size adjustment ideal for surgeons, endodontists and professionals who require the most power at even higher magnification.
How long does the battery run?
Battery performance (hours)
|Nano 2S||Nano 2C|
Will Nano 2S/2C fit on any loupes, glasses or eyewear?
Is it possible to operate Nano handsfree?
- Yes. Nano 2S and 2C come in with two special features that enable handsfree operation:
- 1. Battery pack with large ON/OFF key that only requires a simple knock from the elbow to turn on and off the light. This feature avoids contamination on the battery.
- 2. Composite filter flip-up paddle that avoids contamination of filter/light.
- Furthermore, if you want the most convenient hands free operation, you may upgrade to the new release Nano 2S Touchless which uses an optimized capacitance activated sensor to help you activate the light through your pocket or gown with a simple close proximity placement of your wrist or forearm.
How durable are the Nano 2S/2C lights?
- When it comes to engineering design, DentLight is vertically integrated in the design and implementation of all components. We do not cut corners and use cheap components for professional use. We ensure the highest quality and design in our products to their engineering extreme in form-factor, functionality, ease of use and durability on each component of LED, wire/connector, SMT, housing, and battery.
- Headlamp itself consists of LED on its mounting base and optical assembly. Nano headlamp is shock proof in durability.
- Unlike other headlights using off-the-shelf wire and connectors, Nano 2S/2C uses custom nano-engineered wire and patent-pending reinforced connectors unmatched on the market in comfort, strength and quality. We are proud to achieve the engineering feat that our competitors can only look up to.
- Our products have evolved through four generations in 6 years with each one performing better than the previous one while maintaining our pricing throughout the improvements. This is different from other companies who outsource their development or rely on standard off-the-shelf parts that mostly does not meet the harsh clinical environment.
- Furthermore, our modular design makes it easy for our service department to repair any components in the product including replacement of wires, connectors, lenses, and SMT components typically in just a couple of days.
- We pride ourselves in standing behind our products over the past 10 years serving dental professionals to their highest standards.
What are the differences between Nano 2S/2C and our previous Nano lights?
- Upgraded the cord and connector to nano-engineered wire and patent-pending reinforced 135 degree angle connector - the industry's thinnest and most durable cord with custom molded super strong connector.
- New optics to expand the beam size by 50% for optimum full oral cavity uniform illumination.
- Double (2C) and quadruple (2S) the running time of the batteries with improved interface, smart alarm and set-and-forget power settings.
What are the color temperature and beam size? Can you describe the optical uniformity?
Where can I purchase DentLight’s products?
Nano is incredibly light and incredibly bright. That’s a combination that makes it intriguing to say the least. It also comes with 2 battery packs that are slim and light, but can power the light for an entire day.
Dr. John Flucke
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLightcalled the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model. I have a Fusion LED and a Nano Head Lamp and they both pack a mighty light punch in a small package.
Dr. Marty Jablow
The Nano Loupe Light is the ideal combination of size and power in clinical illumination.
Dr. George Freedman
Nano is “so light, so bright…the perfect addition to any magnification system!”
Dr. Doug Lambert
DentLight has introduced two terrific headlight systems: Nano Loupe Light and the iZoom. The same high quality manufacturing has produced two headlight systems that are lightweight, powerful, economical, and will adapt to any loupe system, headgear, safety shield of normal prescription glasses.
Dr. Howard Glazer
I just wanted to let you know how wonderful your products are. I purchased the through-the lense loops and nano light. I do not know what I was waiting for, it has been amazing. The loopes fit and are adjusted perfectly. I have been telling all my colleagues about the quality and value of your products. Thank you
Christina Callaghan, RDH
The curing of composites was enhanced through the use of DentLight’s Fusion and Kerr Dental‘s Demi Plus.
DentLight Fusion is a pen-grip-style curing light that has high output and can also be upgraded to a cancer detection aid. The Demi Plus continues the Dematron tradition with gun-style high-power curing. I am appreciating the faster curing and feeling better about the depth of cure from these lights.
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLight called the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model.
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – INDY||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|