High performance at low cost!
Featuring 1200 mW/cm2 power for a typical 10-second cure of all composites, 10mm wide tip, and easy one button operation. Lightweight, balanced and sleek, FUSION handpiece is made of solid metal modular kits with a personal touch and shock proof reliability.
Incredible size and unmatched durability
- Solid metal construction with shock proof durability
- Modular and compatible with FUSION 1.0 (2008)+ models
- Easy operation with dummy one button operation (10s timer)
- Lowest profile light probe that allows access anywhere
- Cordless or corded with replaceable battery
- 1200mW/cm2 collimated beam ensures 10 seconds fast cure
- 10mm tip size
- Add on options (transillumination and oral exam)
|Tip (# of sizes)||10mm|
|Power (mW/cm2)||1100 (± 20%, center 4mm beam)|
|Cure All Materials||Yes(with purchase of optional violet light module)|
|Battery||Li-Ion rechargeable and removable|
|Run Time (min)||40|
|Recharge Time (hrs)||1.5|
|Curing Time||10 seconds (A3 or lighter shades)|
|Standard Warranty||1 year|
The FUSION models are optimized for clinicians’ use for GPs, Hygienists, and Orthodontists. Depending on the clinicians’ particular needs for functionality, performance and price, you can pick the best one suited for your everyday practice.
|FUSION 4||FUSION S7||FUSION 4 Ortho|
|Applications||• Restorations (resins/adhesives, bases, liners, sealants),
|• Restorations (Veneers, Crowns, Inlays, Onlays)
• Dental Labs (Abutment, Coping, Stump Shades, Temporaries, Surgical Guides, Relines, Duraline)• Restorations (resins/adhesives, bases, liners, sealants),
• Dental Labs (Abutment, Coping, Stump Shades, Temporaries, Surgical Guides, Relines, Duraline)
• Bracket (ceramic or metal)
|Functions||• Backlit LCD with Multiple programs
• Two power levels
(Plasma high level for 5-sec fast cure, and Pulse-power for low heat/low shrinkage cure)
|Simple one button||• LCD with Multiple programs for direct or indirect bonding
• Two power levels (Plasma high level for 4-sec metal brackets bonding, and Pulsed Power for low heat bonding)
|Tips||3mm, 9mm, 10mm, 13mm||10mm||10mm|
|Power||2700 mW/cm2||1200 mW/cm||2700 mW/cm2|
By Reality EstheticsFUSION – Cordless, LED curing light from DentLight Reality Esthetics, January 2010
By Dental Advisor - Clinical Evaluations“Small and lightweight with several curing options” “Easy access to posterior areas.” “Fast curing – ideal when you need a quick procedure.” “Raised activation buttons are great!” Read more
By ADA (American Dental Association)FUSION received favorable rating in cure depth and other performance metrics. ADA Surveys indicate that FUSION rates as the best access in the mouth, the most ease of use and comfort, the second best in acceptable cure time after the plasma Sapphire light, and the third in durability rating after the plasma and Optilux 501 halogen light.Read more
By Michael B. Miller, DDSThe selection of a curing light that fits your style of practicing remains one of the most important equipment purchases you will make. If you have an active restorative practice, it is a device that you use virtually every time you treat a patient. The right light can help you achieve success, while the converse is true – the wrong light can make your efforts more tedious and your results less consistent.Read more
By Dr. ChristensenI highly recommend that practitioners who haven’t recently upgraded their current lights look into upgrading soon.
By Howard E. Strassler, DMDDespite appearances that all curing lights are adequate, research has demonstrated that not all light-curing devices are equivalent! It involves specific devices and techniques, not all of which are equivalent. I have seen data for the evaluation of more than 145 different models of curing lights from 42 manufacturers. The prices of these lights range from $27-$4,900, with stated irradiance values ranging from 400-5,000 mW/cm2. While irradiance is the most common and easiest technique to measure curing light tip energy,Read more
Are all curing lights the same?
How can I measure the power of curing light?
How much time does it take to cure with FUSION?
|Resin Brand||Filtek Supreme Plus||Heliomolar||Tetric EvoCeram||TPH3||XRV Herculite|
|Cure Times (FUSION 5)||3||9||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Cure Times (FUSION 4)||5||15||5||5||5||5||5||5|
|Cure Times (FUSION S7)||10||30||10||10||10||10||10||10|
What are the recommeded cleaning procedures?
- a) FUSION parts are recommended to be cleaned and disinfected with a cleaning solution including Cavicide, Lysol, Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol. Do not autoclave or ultrasonic.
b) Thoroughly wipe clean handpiece, Charging Base and Eyeshield with a soft cloth or tissue damped with the cleaning solution. Do not spray or soak. Disinfecting agents and liquid must not enter any openings on unit in particular Metal keypad.
c) Clean curing lens and electrical metal contacts using Q-tips slightly damped (do not soak) with the cleaning solution.
Safeguard handpiece opening area, metal keypad, charging plug, and lens against liquid and sharp objects as this may cause electrical short-circuit, permanent optical damage or malfunction
Why do I need a White Light Head and what is an “Exam Tip”?
- Illumination to have side-by-side visual under fluorescence and enhanced white light illumination with the same magnification image
- Transillumination for hard tissue oral health exam including dental caries, fractures, and root canal.
How do I make sure that the composites/adhesives are cured properly?
- Curing Light Selection
- Correct Operating Technique
- Proper Composite/Adhesive Selection
- Deliver Required Energy
Does FUSION cure all materials?
Does FUSION generate heat?
- Use appropriate curing times. Limit the exposure time on a single tooth to below 3 seconds at a time, which has proven to be safe.
- Do not place light in direct contact with unprotected gingival, oral mucous membrane or skin. Prevent heat accumulation with a rubber dam in place or apply Kool-Dam on the gingiva and surrounding soft tissue prior to curing.
- Use technique of blowing air from an air syringe on the tooth being restored at the same time the resin is being cured as suggested by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
- Use technique of placing a wet cotton roll directly on the tooth crown opposite the side of exposure to lesson temperature rise.
- Use Pulse Power Mode to generate less heat if the users are more comfortable with it.
What is Pulse Mode (Standard LED Power) Mode and when do I use it?
- Press and hold TM/PW Key for 3 seconds to set at Pulse mode (1300mW/cm2). Use this power mode to avoid heat. The matter of fact is, since FUSION is so much advanced and powerful, that the Pulse Mode (Half-power mode) is higher than or equal to actual power outputs of other leading brand LED curing lights with a similar tip size. For example, Demi with 11mm Turbo tip outputs 1100mW/cm2 power*. With its advanced heat cooling and power maintenance technology, FUSION generates minimum heat in Half Power mode and allows continuous operation without any interruptions.
- This mode is also used for extended running in oral exam and bleaching.
Is FUSION cordless and what is the benefit of cordless?
- Thanks to its superior technology and engineering design, FUSION has been independently proven as the smallest high power cordless light achieving performances in power and functionality no other corded or cordless lights can match. It takes the smallest counter space with a counter charger stand. Or it can sit right on your dental unit with optional dental unit charger holder. As powerful as it is, FUSION maintains consistent power through its battery run time.
- Cordless provides freedom of movement in patient treatment: allowing easier access without the cord dangling around and avoiding costly limitations to a single chair with room-to-room or chair-to-chair mobility. With proper design as demonstrated by FUSION, cordless avoids major long term failure in mechanical fatigue breakage from the cord.
How often does the battery need to be replaced and can the light be serviced?
- FUSION is designed using smart Lithium-Ion battery assembly with built-in micro-controller electronics for protection and smart charging. Together with the most reliable connection components with shock absorbing capabilities, it ensures the longest possible service time of close to 5 years in typical clinical uses. More importantly, it helps the clinicians avoid the hassles of dealing with the battery for a long time and offers the most efficiency in a professional environment. Even in the case of a battery towards its end of life, users can easily replace the battery assembly with its screw-on connection.
- FUSION is modular in construction. User can easily replace the modular parts for field service. The light can be serviced by our manufacturing facility and authorized repair centers.
Since using the DentLight since 2013, I have found it to be very useful and convenient. It is easy to use for curing, transillumination and exams with tissue fluorescence. The option which I have found most helpful is the low level Red Healing attachment. Following a long dental procedure, I simply switch from the curing to the healing attachment, and my patients are pleasantly surprised at the relief they feel in the TMJ area and muscles of mastication. I recommend the DentLight.
James T Smith Jr DMD, MAGD, FICOI
Get the Fusion. One of the best lights on the market. I bond almost every restoration I do in my office. I refuse to jeopardize the quality of the bond, and thus my restoration and my reputation because I wanted to save a few hundred dollars and bought a cheapo light. The Fusion comes with a 2 mm tacking tip. The wand itself can be detached from the body and you can add other accesories, like a oral cancer detection light.
Dr. Doug Sakura
I used Demetron for years. Once I bought 1 Fusion light, I bought a 2nd and was very happy. Demetron lights went into the transillumination mode only, after buying the fusion lights.
Dr. Michael Foster
Nearly two years using the Fusion exclusively, very nice light, cordless and has never run out of power. High output, large tip, very dependable for me, and quite inexpensive. Excellent sleeves are available and easy to use.
DentLight is a great addition to our practice. It is affordable and easy to use. Our hygienist appreciates the small size and portability which DentLight offers over our prior LED lights. We highly recommend it.
I have 4 Fusion curing lights now for 4 months. No problems so far, quick cure, cordless LED, very small footprint for the charger, never run out of juice. Everyone in the office loves them.
Dr. Scott Leuene
As a result of its low light dispersion, FUSION shows the highest power density at 5-mm tip distance among 22 LED lights and provides more than two times the intensity of many other LED curing lights at 10mm away from the tip.
“A Clinicians Guide to Light Curing”, Academy of Operative Dentistry, Annual Meeting, Feb. 2007.
Dr. Fred A. Rueggeberg
This unit (FUSION 2008) is very simple to use, both the Dr. and myself can’t say enough good things about this unit- GREAT! … Power enough to get the job done in less time than our current light. … Very fast in curing, it really cuts time in half. … A great space saver. The unit is sleek, we like the nickel finish, classic look. The options are simple to use and the use for veneers for tacking time is wonderful
Blair Keck DDS
The dentlight Fusion is a cool little addition to your armormentarium: it is well made and neat looking and its small size allows it to reach difficult to access areas such as distal surfaces of second molars: this is particularly helpful for patients with restricted opening. The light guides are excellent for tack and wave cementation of indirects. I would unhesitatingly recommend this product .
Jason Smithson BDS
We’ve been impressed with the ease of use and most importantly, the intensity of the light resulting in a superior depth of cure. We’re also impressed with the low profile design that makes it easier to get the light parallel to the curing surface. It has a variety of curing cycles that will meet the needs of any user. The price is also right, giving you great value for the amount of energy it produces. This device comes with my highest rating. Dr. John Flucke
The curing of composites was enhanced through the use of DentLight’s Fusion and Kerr Dental‘s Demi Plus.
DentLight Fusion is a pen-grip-style curing light that has high output and can also be upgraded to a cancer detection aid. The Demi Plus continues the Dematron tradition with gun-style high-power curing. I am appreciating the faster curing and feeling better about the depth of cure from these lights.
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLight called the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model.
|atlantadental.com||Atlanta Dental Supply||678-584-4884|
|benco.com||Benco Dental Co.||800 462-3626|
|BURHART DENTAL – ID||(208) 898-9575|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Las Vegas||(702) 454-3599|
|Burkhart Dental – Dallas||972-471-2727|
|Burkhart Dental – OKC||(405) 948-7085|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Phoenix||(602) 437-1701|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Portland||(503) 252-9777|
|Burkhart Dental – Reno||(253) 474-7761|
|BURKHART DENTAL – San Diego||(858) 694-5504|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Houston||(281) 821-7000|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Austin||512-206-0401|
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|dhpionline.com||Dental Health Products Inc.||800-626-2163|
|goetzedental.com||Goetze Dental||800 692-0804|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – INDY||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Albuquerque, NM||(505) 884-6747|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – AUBURN HILLS, MI||(248) 475-8700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Boise, ID||(208) 375-7341|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Bryant, AR||(501) 847-6696|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – COLUMBUS OH||(614) 791-9141|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – El Segundo, CA||(310) 426-3100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Ft. Lauderdale, FL||(954) 717-1206|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Hawaii||(808) 682-3875|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Indianapolis, IN||317-733-4900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – LAS VEGAS, NV||(702) 731-4267|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – NASHVILLE, TN||(615) 884-2060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Salt Lake, UT||(801) 467-1119|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – San Diego, CA|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Shreveport, LA||(318) 797-6010|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – SPOKANE, WA||(509) 838-8581|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Springfield MO||(417) 865-9222|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Sunnyvale, CA||(408) 773-0776|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – TAMPA, FL||(813) 744-2900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Knoxville, TN||865 218 1310|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -LaVista NE|
|Patterson -PELHAM, AL||(205) 985-0126|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Wichita, KS||(316) 315-1800|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Hazelwood||314-595-1300|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – AURORA||(303) 393-1081|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Blythewood||803-691-2202|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Boone||515-433-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Central||800 328-5536|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Des Moines||(515) 254-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Dinuba||559-595-1450|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fargo||(701) 235-7387|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fort Worth||817-837-2700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Kent||253-850-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Lenexa||(913) 492-6100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Mount Joy||717-653-3060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – PEWAUKEE||(262) 408-4100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – South Bend||574-289-8485|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Chicago|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Houston||(832) 590-5000|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Round Rock||(512) 218-5200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – San Antonio||(210) 256-5424|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Tulsa||(918) 627-1195|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply INC – S. Lake||(817) 305-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental- Jacksonville||904-741-4480|
|pearsondental.com||Pearson Dental Supply||800 535-4535|
|safcodental.com||Safco Dental Supply Co.||(847) 412-9331|
|smartpractice.com||Smart Practice||(800) 522-0800|
|tinmandental.com||Tin Man Dental Supplies||800 554-6394|
|American Dental Systems||+49 (0) 8106 - 300 300|
|APOldent||(482) 274-7091 x8|
|www.cigalah.com.sa||Cigalah Group||126 148 2181|
|dentecnz.co.nz||DENTEC NZ LIMITED|
|gooche.com.cn||GOOCHE HEALTHCARE CO., LTD.|
|henryschein.ca||Henry Schein – Canada||(905) 646-1711|
|www.optimahg.com.au||Optima Healthcare Group|
|pattersondental.ca||Patterson Dental Canada – Sherwood Park|
|pattersondental.ca||Patterson Dental Supply – Canada||(514) 745-4020|
|PT Cahaya Kharisma||62 2154375572|
|raydent.com.sg||Raydent||+65 6741 5411|