Product Number: 7610080 (Silver)
4 Seconds bonding of metal brackets
Custom designed for the most efficient and consistent bonding of ortho brackets, FUSION 4 Ortho delivers a low tolerance high power focused beam that optimizes the bonding of orthodontic brackets and trays. Combined with its proven durability and heavy-duty construction, FUSION 4 Ortho is the ortho curing light of choice for bonding multiple brackets (ceramic or metal) that you can rely on.
Incredible size, Power and Unmatched Durability
- Amazing to have a backlit LCD in a light this small
- Solid metal construction with sturdy built-in for shock proof durability
- Modular, upgradeable and easy service
- Lowest profile light probe that allows access anywhere
- Cordless or corded with replaceable battery
You’ve got the POWER!
- Plasma-equivalent cure speed
- 2700mW/cm2 focused beam ensures secure/fast bonding
- 3 second Ceramic and 4 second Metal Bracket cures
- Preloaded for sequential quadrant or full arch bondings ideal for multiple brackets and indirect bonding
- Time saving per year: $100K+
Want more smile:
- You’ve got it. Built-in bleaching function enables you generating new revenue with a fraction of the cost.
FUSION curing light uses patented lens technology enabling the control of LED light pattern into a soliton-like focused beam within a typical composite setting. Intrinsically, LED emits light in a pattern with a divergence of over 120 degrees. The divergence of light significantly weakens the light intensity at the bottom of a box as compared to the top. For a typical Class II restoration with a depth of 4-6mm, the intensity can drop as much as 80% from the top to bottom layer resulting in less cure, more wear and sensitivity from a completed restoration. Similarly with bonding brackets, which is typically 3-8mm distance away from the light tip. Bracket bonding failures are a direct result of light tolerance over distance and positioning.
FUSION not only provides a uniform light distribution over composite areas but most importantly overcomes the intensity drop over distance. Consistent high power over spatial map and all distances significantly helps clinicians improve restoration quality and tolerance.
Ref. Richard B. Price; Daniel Labrie; J. Marc Whalen; Christopher M. Felix, “Effect of Distance on Irradiance and Beam Homogeneity from 4 Light-Emitting Diode Curing Units”, J. Can Dent Assoc 2011; 77; b9
FUSION uses the highest end LED with a full wavelength coverage to enable all composite initiators. It is precision crafted with an aircraft aluminum solid body with drop-proof durability. It sets a precedent with an amazing amount of technology in a remarkably small and sleek design including an amazing LCD in a light this small with backlit metal keypad and raised buttons for easy activation.
FUSION is not only a 5-second high power curing light but also upgradable to perform oral cancer screening and caries detection. It is a complete package for clinicians’ everyday practice!
Please follow the guidelines in “Clinical Techniques” in using the recommended bonding times below:
CURING TIMES (seconds)
PER UNIT CURE (seconds)
Four Plus Brackets
- FUSION 4 Ortho vs. FUSION Ortho 3.0
- Competitive Comparisons – Ortho Curing Light
- Selecting FUSION Models
FUSION 4 significantly advances the technology and legacy from its predecessor FUSION 3.0. It improves on the delivered power density and its legacy of reliability while most importantly on the ease of use, ergonomics and functionality. Following table compares those differences.
|Attribute/Model||FUSION 4 Ortho||FUSION Ortho 3.0||Benefit|
|Keypad||Two buttons:- front large On/Off
– back timer/power
|Three buttons- middle On/Off
– back timer and front power
|Simplified the operation to make it more ergonomic to operate and much easier to use/handle. Intuitive color coded and large activation button.|
-High power white
-Pulse power green
|Regular LCD- Power levels not displayed||Modern appeal to much nicer screen. Intuitive power level to avoid confusion in bonding time.|
|Built-in Timer/ Program||
-High power: 4 , 5, 10 sec.
-Pulse power: 4, 5, 10, 20 sec.
-Bleaching: 15 minutes
-Auto power on with any keys
-High power, 1, 2, 3, 4,5, 10, 20s
-Half power 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20s
-Avoid over cure and overheat
-Simplified curing modes
-Added bleaching modes
-Much easier full/quad cure
|Light Shield||High quality PC andsoft O-ring||Direct tight fit||Better and smoother connectionEnsure good fit with sleeves|
|Bleaching Add-ON||Flex-arm, bleaching attachment and new 15 minutes program for 45 minutes standalone operation||No programs to enable standalone operation||New profit streams|
|Fusion 4 Ortho||Demi Ortho
|Solid Metal Construction||
(plastic housing + fiber glass)
(metal housing + fiber glass)
(metal housing +fiber glass)
|Tip Diameter (mm)||10||8||9||5.5|
The FUSION models are optimized for clinicians’ use for GPs, Hygienists, and Orthodontists. Depending on the clinicians’ particular needs for functionality, performance and price, you can pick the best one suited for your everyday practice.
|FUSION 4||FUSION S7||FUSION 4 Ortho|
|Applications||• Restorations (resins/adhesives, bases, liners, sealants),
|• Restorations (Veneers, Crowns, Inlays, Onlays)
• Dental Labs (Abutment, Coping, Stump Shades, Temporaries, Surgical Guides, Relines, Duraline)• Restorations (resins/adhesives, bases, liners, sealants),
• Dental Labs (Abutment, Coping, Stump Shades, Temporaries, Surgical Guides, Relines, Duraline)
• Bracket (ceramic or metal)
|Functions||• Backlit LCD with Multiple programs
• Two power levels
(Plasma high level for 5-sec fast cure, and Pulse-power for low heat/low shrinkage cure)
|Simple one button||• LCD with Multiple programs for direct or indirect bonding
• Two power levels (Plasma high level for 4-sec metal brackets bonding, and Pulsed Power for low heat bonding)
|Tips||3mm, 9mm, 10mm, 13mm||10mm||10mm|
|Power||2700 mW/cm2||1200 mW/cm||2700 mW/cm2|
Mount chair-side charge holder on dental chair bar. Place light back to stand after use.
Light always charged full. No more battery worries and no need for counter space.
By Reality EstheticsFUSION – Cordless, LED curing light from DentLight Reality Esthetics, January 2010
By Dental Advisor - Clinical Evaluations“Small and lightweight with several curing options” “Easy access to posterior areas.” “Fast curing – ideal when you need a quick procedure.” “Raised activation buttons are great!” Read more
By ADA (American Dental Association)FUSION received favorable rating in cure depth and other performance metrics. ADA Surveys indicate that FUSION rates as the best access in the mouth, the most ease of use and comfort, the second best in acceptable cure time after the plasma Sapphire light, and the third in durability rating after the plasma and Optilux 501 halogen light.Read more
By Michael B. Miller, DDSThe selection of a curing light that fits your style of practicing remains one of the most important equipment purchases you will make. If you have an active restorative practice, it is a device that you use virtually every time you treat a patient. The right light can help you achieve success, while the converse is true – the wrong light can make your efforts more tedious and your results less consistent.Read more
By Dr. ChristensenI highly recommend that practitioners who haven’t recently upgraded their current lights look into upgrading soon.
By Howard E. Strassler, DMDDespite appearances that all curing lights are adequate, research has demonstrated that not all light-curing devices are equivalent! It involves specific devices and techniques, not all of which are equivalent. I have seen data for the evaluation of more than 145 different models of curing lights from 42 manufacturers. The prices of these lights range from $27-$4,900, with stated irradiance values ranging from 400-5,000 mW/cm2. While irradiance is the most common and easiest technique to measure curing light tip energy,Read more
Are all curing lights the same?
How can I measure the power of curing light?
What are the recommeded cleaning procedures?
- a) FUSION parts are recommended to be cleaned and disinfected with a cleaning solution including Cavicide, Lysol, Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol. Do not autoclave or ultrasonic.
b) Thoroughly wipe clean handpiece, Charging Base and Eyeshield with a soft cloth or tissue damped with the cleaning solution. Do not spray or soak. Disinfecting agents and liquid must not enter any openings on unit in particular Metal keypad.
c) Clean curing lens and electrical metal contacts using Q-tips slightly damped (do not soak) with the cleaning solution.
Safeguard handpiece opening area, metal keypad, charging plug, and lens against liquid and sharp objects as this may cause electrical short-circuit, permanent optical damage or malfunction
I have a FUSION, can I convert to DOE for oral cancer screening?
Why do I need a White Light Head and what is an “Exam Tip”?
- Illumination to have side-by-side visual under fluorescence and enhanced white light illumination with the same magnification image
- Transillumination for hard tissue oral health exam including dental caries, fractures, and root canal.
How do I make sure that the composites/adhesives are cured properly?
- Curing Light Selection
- Correct Operating Technique
- Proper Composite/Adhesive Selection
- Deliver Required Energy
Why is FUSION better than other curing lights?
- FUSION distinguishes itself from the crowd of other dental curing lights as:
- The most powerful: proven power of 4000 mW/cm2 (FUSION 5) and 2700 mW/cm2 (FUSION 4)
- Minimum dispersion: power remaining at 2600 mW/cm2 and 1000mW/cm2 at 8mm distance from the light tip while almost all lights are below 400 mW/cm2
- The most uniform beam pattern to ensure uniform composite hardness and minimum stress
- Constant intensity throughout the battery running time and life time.
- The smallest, the most ergonomic and easy to use with its intuitive and advanced interface
- The most reliable with close to tens years field proven track record based on its solid metal construction with shock and water proof design
- The lowest profile light probe with 360 degree easy access
- And above all: it is not just a curing light, but the most advanced light system that delivers upgrade options for more revenue streams:
- oral exam for early detection of oral cancer
- super high power transillumination for caries/fracture/canal detection
- full arch bleaching
- and more
Does FUSION cure all materials?
Does FUSION generate heat?
- Use appropriate curing times. Limit the exposure time on a single tooth to below 10 seconds at a time, which has proven to be safe.
- Do not place light in direct contact with unprotected gingival, oral mucous membrane or skin. Prevent heat accumulation with a rubber dam in place or apply Kool-Dam on the gingiva and surrounding soft tissue prior to curing.
- Use technique of blowing air from an air syringe on the tooth being restored at the same time the resin is being cured as suggested by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
- Use technique of placing a wet cotton roll directly on the tooth crown opposite the side of exposure to lesson temperature rise.
- Use Pulse Power Mode to generate minimum heat.
What is Pulse Mode (Standard LED Power) Mode and when do I use it?
- Press and hold TM/PW Key for 3 seconds to set at Pulse mode (1300mW/cm2). Use this power mode to avoid heat. The matter of fact is, since FUSION is so much advanced and powerful, that the Pulse Mode (Half-power mode) is higher than or equal to actual power outputs of other leading brand LED curing lights with a similar tip size. For example, Demi with 11mm Turbo tip outputs 1100mW/cm2 power*. With its advanced heat cooling and power maintenance technology, FUSION generates minimum heat in Half Power mode and allows continuous operation without any interruptions.
- This mode is also used for extended running in oral exam and bleaching.
Is FUSION cordless and what is the benefit of cordless?
- Thanks to its superior technology and engineering design, FUSION has been independently proven as the smallest high power cordless light achieving performances in power and functionality no other corded or cordless lights can match. It takes the smallest counter space with a counter charger stand. Or it can sit right on your dental unit with optional dental unit charger holder. As powerful as it is, FUSION maintains consistent power through its battery run time.
- Cordless provides freedom of movement in patient treatment: allowing easier access without the cord dangling around and avoiding costly limitations to a single chair with room-to-room or chair-to-chair mobility. With proper design as demonstrated by FUSION, cordless avoids major long term failure in mechanical fatigue breakage from the cord.
How often does the battery need to be replaced and can the light be serviced?
- FUSION is designed using smart Lithium-Ion battery assembly with built-in micro-controller electronics for protection and smart charging. Together with the most reliable connection components with shock absorbing capabilities, it ensures the longest possible service time of close to 5 years in typical clinical uses. More importantly, it helps the clinicians avoid the hassles of dealing with the battery for a long time and offers the most efficiency in a professional environment. Even in the case of a battery towards its end of life, users can easily replace the battery assembly with its screw-on connection.
- FUSION is modular in construction. User can easily replace the modular parts for field service. The light can be serviced by our manufacturing facility and authorized repair centers.
Get the Fusion. One of the best lights on the market. I bond almost every restoration I do in my office. I refuse to jeopardize the quality of the bond, and thus my restoration and my reputation because I wanted to save a few hundred dollars and bought a cheapo light. The Fusion comes with a 2 mm tacking tip. The wand itself can be detached from the body and you can add other accesories, like a oral cancer detection light.
Dr. Doug Sakura
I used Demetron for years. Once I bought 1 Fusion light, I bought a 2nd and was very happy. Demetron lights went into the transillumination mode only, after buying the fusion lights.
Dr. Michael Foster
Nearly two years using the Fusion exclusively, very nice light, cordless and has never run out of power. High output, large tip, very dependable for me, and quite inexpensive. Excellent sleeves are available and easy to use.
I have 4 Fusion curing lights now for 4 months. No problems so far, quick cure, cordless LED, very small footprint for the charger, never run out of juice. Everyone in the office loves them.
Dr. Scott Leuene
“This letter is in reference to the product FUSION hand-held curing light, which is the finest instrument I have used in years. It is small, powerful, easy to use, and has been extremely dependable. Furthermore, it is amazing that such a quality product has been marketed at such an outstanding low price. The other thing that has been remarkable about this light is the depth it will go in the tooth structure. I have found the material harder when set with this light.”
Salt Lake City, Utah, 2006
Stephen M Burton, DDS
As a result of its low light dispersion, FUSION shows the highest power density at 5-mm tip distance among 22 LED lights and provides more than two times the intensity of many other LED curing lights at 10mm away from the tip.
“A Clinicians Guide to Light Curing”, Academy of Operative Dentistry, Annual Meeting, Feb. 2007.
Dr. Fred A. Rueggeberg
“Fusion curing lights are the best….covered in metal, not some cheap plastic. Fairly inexpensive, too. I must credit Scott Leune (from the “Not your average start-up” thread) for recommending them to me. Thanks, Scott !! ”
Cult45, Dentaltown Message Board
From the Clinic Director – Orthodontics, Marquette University – School of Dentistry:
“I must say that FUSION lamp is really, one of the best I’ve ever seen. I have used for almost a year and no problem has ever happened. My cousin also bought the lamp, and he is really happy with it too. DentLight has a great product. Keep doing, and improving what you have.”
Dr. Jose A. Bosio
This unit (FUSION 2008) is very simple to use, both the Dr. and myself can’t say enough good things about this unit- GREAT! … Power enough to get the job done in less time than our current light. … Very fast in curing, it really cuts time in half. … A great space saver. The unit is sleek, we like the nickel finish, classic look. The options are simple to use and the use for veneers for tacking time is wonderful
Blair Keck DDS
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLightcalled the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model. I have a Fusion LED and a Nano Head Lamp and they both pack a mighty light punch in a small package.
Dr. Marty Jablow
The fusion is a really nice light. very durable. also has the ability to be upgraded to an oral cancer screen light. very nice product for the price.
Dr. Richard Rosenblatt
The FUSION’s high power output carries the polymerizing photons further into the composite, making the active working distance longer and allowing deeper bulk curing of the composite restoration. In fact, as composites with ever lower polymerization shrinkage properties are developed, the FUSION curing light may allow single-step bulk curing of these materials (as opposed to the slower, sequential curing of individual thin layers).
Dr. George Freedman DDS
My staff and I have used the Fusion curing light for several years and are very pleased with its functional design and durability. Its short curing time, due to a high powered focused beam, ensures complete adhesive set in minimal time that adds to both efficiency and productivity. My office highly endorses this product.
Dr. Mark S. Geller, DDS, MSD, P.A
Fusion light system incorporates: white light – curing light – oral cancer detection light. It is truly the most versatile on the market… The transillumibation differentiates primary and secondary dentin, indispensable as you explore deeper into the root, hopefully avoiding the disappointment of a root ” perforation” and locating the pulp canal to gain access to the canal terminus at the apex.
Dr. James Malooley DDS, MSD
Four commercial curing lights were used: Demi (Kerr), Bluephase 16i (Ivoclar), Fusion (Dentlight), and Flashlite Magna (Discus). The Fusion delivered the greatest irradiance at all distances up to 8mm.
Richard B. Price
In my hands the Fusion light is the light of choice compared to the Valo. Thank-you for this simple yet powerful tool.
Dr. Chaim Rosenbaum
At this time all LED curing lights will cure all pastes, cements and sealants commercially available regardless of manufacturer. The only exception is the original Pro Seal which has to be cured with either a halogen light, the Vivadent Bluephase 20i or the FUSION Purple LED light.
Dentlight has the Nano LED light at 11 grams ( new model reported to be 6) and 4200 footcandles. Company also has one of the most powerful and compact curing lights (Fusion).
The Fusion Curing Light by Dentlight offers great versatility in a lightweight, easily handled, smartly designed instrument. Not only is it a fast curing light but it comes with a masking shield that reduces the light to a pinpoint for spot curing laminates while placing them if that technique is desired by the clinician.
Dr. Robert Weller
Adding to the value of Fusion curing light is the ability to conduct and oral cancer examination that will identify abnormal tissue warranting further investigation. The DOE kit comes with a snap-on head for the Fusion light as well as snap-on filters for your loupes.
I am a firm believer in and advocate for oral cancer prevention through early diagnosis and the DOE system is a very good way to conduct a fast and non-invasive examination of the oral cavity.
Dr. Howard Glazer
The dentlight Fusion is a cool little addition to your armormentarium: it is well made and neat looking and its small size allows it to reach difficult to access areas such as distal surfaces of second molars: this is particularly helpful for patients with restricted opening. The light guides are excellent for tack and wave cementation of indirects. I would unhesitatingly recommend this product .
Jason Smithson BDS
I have been using the Fusion curing light for three years now. It has been great addition to our practice, It has a powerful beam, nicly designed that can access easily all teeth in the mouth. It’s also well constructed, durable product. I have piece of mind that I am curing well my first increment in a deep box!!! Thank you for a great product.
Amer Abu-Hanna DDS MS
We’ve been impressed with the ease of use and most importantly, the intensity of the light resulting in a superior depth of cure. We’re also impressed with the low profile design that makes it easier to get the light parallel to the curing surface. It has a variety of curing cycles that will meet the needs of any user. The price is also right, giving you great value for the amount of energy it produces. This device comes with my highest rating. Dr. John Flucke
I strongly recommend the DentLight Fusion. It is by far the best light I’ve ever used. It has a 5 sec cure for most composites, great ergonomics and can be passed like a hand instrument, it’s very durable, I can use it to seat a CEREC / other indirect restorations and tack cure it. I bought one for every operatory. I also use the bar mount charging unit / docking station so that it is always charged. You should be able to buy it from any dealer that you use.
Dr. Scott D. Benjamin
The Fusion Light is one GREAT all-around light for the dental office. You get the benefits of three lights in one! Curing, Transillumination and Oral Cancer Screening. The Curing power is remarkable, the power of the white light attachment for caries and cracked tooth detection is great and the ability to use the DOE attachment for an enhanced oral tissue/cancer screening and evaluation makes this light the complete package!
John Comisi DDS., M.A.G.D.
The Fusion is so compact and lightweight, and I have found it to be very well-balanced and comfortable to hold. Its controls are easy to use and see, and its low-profile curing head fits nicely into most areas of the mouth.
With the advent of low polymerization shrinkage resins there is the opportunity for bulk filling, and that requires a powerful light. DentLight’s Fusion Curing light is just such a powerful light that offers two easily toggled power modes
I would recommend the Fusion without reservation to my colleagues who are in the market for a high-power, versatile curing light that is economical and so useful in everyday practice.
Dr. Howard Glazer
The curing of composites was enhanced through the use of DentLight’s Fusion and Kerr Dental‘s Demi Plus.
DentLight Fusion is a pen-grip-style curing light that has high output and can also be upgraded to a cancer detection aid. The Demi Plus continues the Dematron tradition with gun-style high-power curing. I am appreciating the faster curing and feeling better about the depth of cure from these lights.
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLight called the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model.
|gacintl.com||GAC International||(800) 645-5530|
|Ortho Arch||800 423-3527|
|orthoorganizers.com||Ortho Organizers||(800) 547-2000|