FUSION-DOE Combo Kit
Advanced Curing and Exam Combination kit
Including FUSION 5, violet light head, green fluorescence goggle, orange fluorescence goggle, and DVD training guide plus documentation.
You’ve got the POWER!!!
- Advanced light kit for restorations and regular exams
- 3 second cures; heavy-duty restoration in crown/veneer/fillings
- Fluorescent imaging of soft and hard tissues
CDT Code for exams: D0431
FUSION-DOE uses modular design and customized lens technology to create a multi-purpose light as both the best curing and oral cancer screening device.
The device has one common handpiece with an interchangeable modular light head. Curing light head emits blue wavelength for photo polymerization. Oral cancer screening uses violet light head that emits violet wavelengths for optimum fluorescence generation. The optics for the two applications are designed as focused and collimated respectively to achieve the optimum optical density for their applications.
FUSION 4 significantly advances the technology and legacy from its predecessor FUSION 3.0. It improves on the delivered power density and its legacy of reliability while most importantly on the ease of use, ergonomics and functionality. Following table compares those differences.
|Attribute/Model||FUSION 4||FUSION 3.0||Benefit|
– front large On/Off; – back timer/power
|Three buttons- middle On/Off; – back timer and front power||Simplified the operation to make it more ergonomic to operate and much easier to use/handle.Color coded large run button makes it hassle free and well balanced.|
-Pulse power green
– Power levels not displayed
|Modern appeal to much nicer screen. New pulse power mode makes it easy control for low heat and low shrinkage cure.|
|Built-in Timer/ Program||
-High power: 5, 10 sec.
-Pulse power: 5, 10, 20, 60 sec.
-Bleaching: 15 minutes
-Auto power on with any keys
-High power 5, 10, 20 sec
-Half power 5, 10, 20 sec
– Easy curing timer and pulse mode to avoid over cure and overheat
-Easy exam mode (60s)
-Added bleaching mode
|Bleaching Add-ON||Flex-arm, bleaching attachment and new 15 minutes program for four sessions of standalone operation||No programs to enable standalone operation||New profit streams|
How can I measure the power of curing light?
How much time does it take to cure with FUSION?
|Resin Brand||Filtek Supreme Plus||Heliomolar||Tetric EvoCeram||TPH3||XRV Herculite|
|Cure Times (FUSION5, Plus or Grand)||3||9||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Cure Times (FUSION S7)||10||30||10||10||10||10||10||10|
What are the recommeded cleaning procedures?
- a) FUSION parts are recommended to be cleaned and disinfected with a cleaning solution including Cavicide, Lysol, Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol. Do not autoclave or ultrasonic.
b) Thoroughly wipe clean handpiece, Charging Base and Eyeshield with a soft cloth or tissue damped with the cleaning solution. Do not spray or soak. Disinfecting agents and liquid must not enter any openings on unit in particular Metal keypad.
c) Clean curing lens and electrical metal contacts using Q-tips slightly damped (do not soak) with the cleaning solution.
Safeguard handpiece opening area, metal keypad, charging plug, and lens against liquid and sharp objects as this may cause electrical short-circuit, permanent optical damage or malfunction
Why do I need DOE?
- The most important function of dental care is a thorough assessment and evaluation of the patient's oral and related health status. This includes dental caries that lead to cavity, decays under old composite, soft tissue problems such as cheek bite and worst of all, early signs of oral cancer.
DOE is a portable non-invasive dental oral exam system that addresses all of the above and more. It offers illumination to aid visualization during oral procedures and works as an adjunct to magnify and enhance the visualization of mucosal abnormalities, lesions, dental caries, fractures and endodontic canal orifice without the need of oral rinsing or switching off the room light.
DOE offers a win-win solution for both dentists and their patients. It helps patients avoid health problems that could be cost-prohibitive and even life-threatening at a later stage. It helps dentists, together with other modalities, to market their practice to deliver cost-effective yet profitable procedures to give their patients a piece of mind.
How does DOE work?
- Similar to the green fluorescence protein (GFP) that exhibits bright green fluorescence when exposed to blue light in jellyfish, numerous publications [Ref.] in the public domain have established the similar fluorescence in human soft tissue when excited under violet-blue wavelength light.
Fluorescence from jellyfish is easy to see due to its high quantum efficiency of close to 80% meaning 80% of the excitation light could be converted to the fluorescence emission. However, fluorescence from human soft tissue is much more difficult to observe due to not only lower quantum yield but also broader fluorescence emission.
DentLight is one of a few companies that achieved such feat in its capability to image soft tissue fluorescence with high resolution and high contrast. The patent-pending DOE design implements the most advanced technology in LED optics for long-range illumination to the back of the throat and high contrast fluorescence optical filters to maximize emission image contrast while suppressing both room and excitation light.Together with its award-winning modular design, DOE delivers to our customers the portable and reliable solutions for complete oral exam.
1) De Veld DCG et al: The status of in vivo autofluorescence spectroscopy and imaging for oral oncology. Oral Oncol. 2005 Feb; 41(2): 117-31
2) Svistun E et al: Vision enhancement system for detection of oral cavity neoplasia based on autofluorescence. Head Neck. 2004 Mar; 26(3): 205-15
3) Utzinger U et al: Optimal visual perception and detection of oral cavity neoplasia. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2003 Mar; 50(3): 396-9
4) Heintzelman DL et al: Optimal excitation wavelengths for in vivo detection of oral neoplasia using fluorescence spectroscopy. Photochem Photobiol 2000; (72)1: 103–113
5) Betz CS et al: Autofluorescence imaging and spectroscopy of normal and malignant mucosa in patients with head and neck cancer. Lasers Surg Med. 1999; 25(4): 323-34
6) Ingrams DR et al: Autofluorescence characteristics of oral mucosa. Head Neck 1997; (19)1: 27–32
7) Onizawa K et al: Fluorescence photography as a diagnostic method for oral cancer. Cancer Lett 1996; 108(1): 61–66
What are the differences between DOE and other brands?
- DOE is much smaller and portable than Velscope or Identifi enabling detection of back throat imaging which is a common place of problem.
- DOE has proven integrated rechargeable battery and smart electronics for constant ready exams without the need of changing battery (Identifi) or sleeping mode (Velscope).
- DOE delivers much higher power LED illumination than Identif similar to Velscope yet integrates passive cooling without the annoying fan noise and reliability headache in the long run.
- DOE implements patent-pending high contrast optical filter with much better extinction ratio than Identifi yet integrates with magnification loupes for both consistent high resolution imaging and suppression of room light while other brands need to turn off the ambient light.
- Best of all, DOE is modular and integrates components that can perform a lot more procedures than the other brands including in addition to soft tissue exam: 1) Composite viewing for old composite removal; 2) High-power and guided transillumination for dental caries, fractures, and root canal; 3) Intra-oral Illumination; 4) Bleaching; 5) Optional fast composite curing
- And what more, the price is right!
I have a FUSION, can I convert to DOE for oral cancer screening?
Is DOE just for “Oral Cancer” Exam and what if I give patients “False Positives”?
- DOE is a full oral health exam system not just aimed at screening oral cancer. One of the biggest mistakes that dentists make is over-hyping a single disease like oral cancer while not understating the true value of an oral screening for a multitude of health conditions. The improper communication of these procedures has greatly reduced the perception of the significance and importance of the oral exam.
- DOE is to discover any abnormality, no matter what it might be, from dental caries that lead to cavity, decays under old composite, soft tissue problems such as cheek bite and worst of all, early signs of oral cancer.
- No single device, such as DOE or X-ray machine for that matter, can deliver 100 percent accuracy or effectiveness in detecting conditions such as oral cancer. Detection and diagnosis is accomplished with the accumulation of data from multiple sources and modalities. DOE is an effective screening device for first level oral exams beyond the tip of the iceberg. Signals of problem, e.g., dark tissue with loss of fluorescence, should lead to further diagnosis including salivary diagnosis and oral pathology exams.
Why do I need a White Light Head and what is an “Exam Tip”?
- Illumination to have side-by-side visual under fluorescence and enhanced white light illumination with the same magnification image
- Transillumination for hard tissue oral health exam including dental caries, fractures, and root canal.
What is the difference between DOE and DOE SE?
- DOE SE is a custom version of DOE kit that primarily addresses oral cancer screening with a simple viewing and control system. DOE SE wand operates continuously for 1 minute with a single push of a run button. Fluorescence image is viewed through the custom Fluorescence Viewer similar to a standard face goggle. Due to the small size of the LED light and high optical illumination, DOE SE enables both intra and extra oral access which are critically important for the detecton of anterior and posterior regions of the oral cavity.
- DOE digital version has expanded capability to perform composite curing and bleaching.
How do I make sure that the composites/adhesives are cured properly?
- Curing Light Selection
- Correct Operating Technique
- Proper Composite/Adhesive Selection
- Deliver Required Energy
Why is FUSION better than other curing lights?
- FUSION distinguishes itself from the crowd of other dental curing lights as:
- The most powerful: proven power of 4000 mW/cm2 (FUSION 5) and 2700 mW/cm2 (FUSION 4)
- Minimum dispersion: power remaining at 2600 mW/cm2 and 1000mW/cm2 at 8mm distance from the light tip while almost all lights are below 400 mW/cm2
- The most uniform beam pattern to ensure uniform composite hardness and minimum stress
- Constant intensity throughout the battery running time and life time.
- The smallest, the most ergonomic and easy to use with its intuitive and advanced interface
- The most reliable with close to tens years field proven track record based on its solid metal construction with shock and water proof design
- The lowest profile light probe with 360 degree easy access
- And above all: it is not just a curing light, but the most advanced light system that delivers upgrade options for more revenue streams:
- oral exam for early detection of oral cancer
- super high power transillumination for caries/fracture/canal detection
- full arch bleaching
- and more
Does FUSION cure all materials?
Does FUSION generate heat?
- Use appropriate curing times. Limit the exposure time on a single tooth to below 3 seconds at a time, which has proven to be safe.
- Do not place light in direct contact with unprotected gingival, oral mucous membrane or skin. Prevent heat accumulation with a rubber dam in place or apply Kool-Dam on the gingiva and surrounding soft tissue prior to curing.
- Use technique of blowing air from an air syringe on the tooth being restored at the same time the resin is being cured as suggested by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
- Use technique of placing a wet cotton roll directly on the tooth crown opposite the side of exposure to lesson temperature rise.
- Use Pulse Power Mode to generate less heat if the users are more comfortable with it.
What is Pulse Mode (Standard LED Power) Mode and when do I use it?
- Press and hold TM/PW Key for 3 seconds to set at Pulse mode (1300mW/cm2). Use this power mode to avoid heat. The matter of fact is, since FUSION is so much advanced and powerful, that the Pulse Mode (Half-power mode) is higher than or equal to actual power outputs of other leading brand LED curing lights with a similar tip size. For example, Demi with 11mm Turbo tip outputs 1100mW/cm2 power*. With its advanced heat cooling and power maintenance technology, FUSION generates minimum heat in Half Power mode and allows continuous operation without any interruptions.
- This mode is also used for extended running in oral exam and bleaching.
Is FUSION cordless and what is the benefit of cordless?
- Thanks to its superior technology and engineering design, FUSION has been independently proven as the smallest high power cordless light achieving performances in power and functionality no other corded or cordless lights can match. It takes the smallest counter space with a counter charger stand. Or it can sit right on your dental unit with optional dental unit charger holder. As powerful as it is, FUSION maintains consistent power through its battery run time.
- Cordless provides freedom of movement in patient treatment: allowing easier access without the cord dangling around and avoiding costly limitations to a single chair with room-to-room or chair-to-chair mobility. With proper design as demonstrated by FUSION, cordless avoids major long term failure in mechanical fatigue breakage from the cord.
How often does the battery need to be replaced and can the light be serviced?
- FUSION is designed using smart Lithium-Ion battery assembly with built-in micro-controller electronics for protection and smart charging. Together with the most reliable connection components with shock absorbing capabilities, it ensures the longest possible service time of close to 5 years in typical clinical uses. More importantly, it helps the clinicians avoid the hassles of dealing with the battery for a long time and offers the most efficiency in a professional environment. Even in the case of a battery towards its end of life, users can easily replace the battery assembly with its screw-on connection.
- FUSION is modular in construction. User can easily replace the modular parts for field service. The light can be serviced by our manufacturing facility and authorized repair centers.
Since using the DentLight since 2013, I have found it to be very useful and convenient. It is easy to use for curing, transillumination and exams with tissue fluorescence. The option which I have found most helpful is the low level Red Healing attachment. Following a long dental procedure, I simply switch from the curing to the healing attachment, and my patients are pleasantly surprised at the relief they feel in the TMJ area and muscles of mastication. I recommend the DentLight.
James T Smith Jr DMD, MAGD, FICOI
This system is relatively inexpensive. Every dentist should be getting it.
Dr. Jeffrey Hoos
Fusion light system incorporates: white light – curing light – oral cancer detection light. It is truly the most versatile on the market… The transillumibation differentiates primary and secondary dentin, indispensable as you explore deeper into the root, hopefully avoiding the disappointment of a root ” perforation” and locating the pulp canal to gain access to the canal terminus at the apex.
Dr. James Malooley DDS, MSD
Cancer screening is something that every doctor and hygienist should be doing. We have been very pleased with its performance and with the increased visibility it provides. While wearing the magnification and using the filters, tissue exposed to the violet light appears as a greenish color while potential areas of concern show up dark. The contrast is extremely good, which makes the exam process easier to perform.
Dr. John Flucke
We’ve been impressed with the ease of use and most importantly, the intensity of the light resulting in a superior depth of cure. We’re also impressed with the low profile design that makes it easier to get the light parallel to the curing surface. It has a variety of curing cycles that will meet the needs of any user. The price is also right, giving you great value for the amount of energy it produces. This device comes with my highest rating. Dr. John Flucke
I’m sure as new technologies develop, they will be incorporated into this unit.
James Bowers, DDS
CHICAGO, IL, USA: The FUSION curing light, available from DentLight, is much more than just a curing light. In fact, it is so versatile that the Richardson, Texas-based supplier refers to it as a “Dental Oral Exam System.” As Dr. Richard Liu, president of DentLight, explained, in addition to its curing functions, the FUSION can also be used for caries and composite detection, for extra magnification illumination, and for the detection of oral cancer.
The curing of composites was enhanced through the use of DentLight’s Fusion and Kerr Dental‘s Demi Plus.
DentLight Fusion is a pen-grip-style curing light that has high output and can also be upgraded to a cancer detection aid. The Demi Plus continues the Dematron tradition with gun-style high-power curing. I am appreciating the faster curing and feeling better about the depth of cure from these lights.
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLight called the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model.
|benco.com||Benco Dental Co.||800 462-3626|
|BURHART DENTAL – ID||(208) 898-9575|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Las Vegas||(702) 454-3599|
|Burkhart Dental – Dallas||972-471-2727|
|Burkhart Dental – OKC||(405) 948-7085|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Phoenix||(602) 437-1701|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Portland||(503) 252-9777|
|Burkhart Dental – Reno||(253) 474-7761|
|BURKHART DENTAL – San Diego||(858) 694-5504|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Houston||(281) 821-7000|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Austin||512-206-0401|
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|goetzedental.com||Goetze Dental||800 692-0804|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – INDY||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Albuquerque, NM||(505) 884-6747|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – AUBURN HILLS, MI||(248) 475-8700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Boise, ID||(208) 375-7341|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Bryant, AR||(501) 847-6696|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – COLUMBUS OH||(614) 791-9141|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – El Segundo, CA||(310) 426-3100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Ft. Lauderdale, FL||(954) 717-1206|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Hawaii||(808) 682-3875|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Indianapolis, IN||317-733-4900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – LAS VEGAS, NV||(702) 731-4267|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – NASHVILLE, TN||(615) 884-2060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Salt Lake, UT||(801) 467-1119|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – San Diego, CA|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Shreveport, LA||(318) 797-6010|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – SPOKANE, WA||(509) 838-8581|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Springfield MO||(417) 865-9222|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Sunnyvale, CA||(408) 773-0776|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – TAMPA, FL||(813) 744-2900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Knoxville, TN||865 218 1310|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -LaVista NE|
|Patterson -PELHAM, AL||(205) 985-0126|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Wichita, KS||(316) 315-1800|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Hazelwood||314-595-1300|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – AURORA||(303) 393-1081|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Blythewood||803-691-2202|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Boone||515-433-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Central||800 328-5536|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Des Moines||(515) 254-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Dinuba||559-595-1450|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fargo||(701) 235-7387|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fort Worth||817-837-2700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Kent||253-850-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Lenexa||(913) 492-6100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Mount Joy||717-653-3060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – PEWAUKEE||(262) 408-4100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – South Bend||574-289-8485|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Chicago|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Houston||(832) 590-5000|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Round Rock||(512) 218-5200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – San Antonio||(210) 256-5424|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Tulsa||(918) 627-1195|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply INC – S. Lake||(817) 305-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental- Jacksonville||904-741-4480|
|pearsondental.com||Pearson Dental Supply||800 535-4535|
|safcodental.com||Safco Dental Supply Co.||(847) 412-9331|