Amazing Light for Everyday Practice
FUSION5 is the best curing light for its high performance and dependability:
- Impressive performance
- Ultrafast 3 second cures
- 4000 mW/cm2 uniform intensity across 10mm curing tip
- Unique, patented optics deliver a laser-like curing beam with minimum dispersion:
- 2300mW/cm2 at 10mm distance away from the tip
- quadrupling the power of other lights
- Distinctive design
- Ergonomic, intuitive and easy to use.
- Low profile tip with 90° angle for east access
- Solid aircraft aluminum construction with drop proof dependability
- Seamless integration with backlit intuitive LCD interface
- Superb conversion efficiency with minimum heat generation
- 360 degree swivel head for easy access to full oral cavity
- Bonding multiple restorations, crowns/veneers, and brackets in one click.
- Flexibility at its finest – not just a curing light, but a versatile multi-purpose light with more functions than before:
- Built-in oral screening program for oral cancer screening
- Built-in caries detection upgradability
For the most powerful and dependable curing light, FUSION5 is your choice.
Call us today at 800-763-6901 ext 720, or email: email@example.com for information about international distributor in your country.
|FUSION 5||FUSION Plus||FUSION Grand|
|Curing Cap Sizes||3mm, 9mm, 13mm||3mm, 9mm, 13mm||NA|
|Power (mW/cm2) (± 10%, NIST calibrated spectrometer)||4000|
|Cure All Materials||CQ/PPD based||Yes||Yes|
|Battery||Smart Li-Ion rechargeable with built-in charging/protection electronics. 1-year warranty with typical service life of 5 years. User replaceable.|
|Run Time (minutes)||70 (plasma-mode);||30 (plasma-mode);|
|140 (pulse-mode)||60 (pulse-mode)|
|Recharge Time (hrs)||1.5|
|Timer options||Constant 3 (Plasma), 3, 5, 10, 20, 60 (Pulse)|
|Curing Time||3 seconds (A3 or lighter shades)|
|Standard Warranty||2 years (battery 1 year)|
|Comparisons||Fusion 5||FUSION Plus||FUSION Grand||Valo||Valo Grand|
|Light Intensity||4000 (Plasma)||3200 (Xtra Power)|
|2000 (Pulse)||1400 (High)|
|Peak Wavelength (nm)||440-480||395-480||395-480|
|Curing Time (s)||3||3|
|Solid Metal Construction|
|User Interface||LCD/Metal Keypad||Push button/LED indicator|
|Timer||3 (Plasma)||3 (Xtra Power)|
|1, 2, 3, 4 (High)|
|3, 5, 10, 20, 60 (Pulse)||5, 10, 15, 20 (Standard)|
|Tip Diameter (mm)||10||12||10||12|
By Howard E. Strassler, DMDDespite appearances that all curing lights are adequate, research has demonstrated that not all light-curing devices are equivalent! It involves specific devices and techniques, not all of which are equivalent. I have seen data for the evaluation of more than 145 different models of curing lights from 42 manufacturers. The prices of these lights range from $27-$4,900, with stated irradiance values ranging from 400-5,000 mW/cm2. While irradiance is the most common and easiest technique to measure curing light tip energy,Read more
How will you compare FUSION to VALO Cordless?
- FUSION and VALO are two of the best brand name curing lights on the market in terms of performance and durability.
- Both lights are made of aircraft aluminum with superior construction for ease of access and drop proof reliability.
- At the curing light tip, VALO has lower power than FUSION. At 8 millimeters distance from the light tip, Valo is about 50% less power than FUSION 5.
- FUSION 5, FUSION Plus and FUSION Grand use the same main control and battery assembly with two different light heads with the first type being FUSION 5 and the second type being FUSION Plus/Grand. FUSION Plus and Grand match or exceed the performance of Valo and Valo Grand with modular design for better ease of use and worry free operation. FUSION's unique metal keypad and digital LCD modern design drastically contrast with the rubber button and LED indicator low level design of Valo.
- VALO is designed on a uni-body aluminum to achieve the reliability and high power. It uses standard CRA123 rechargeable batteries with exposed counter stand open cradle battery charger. FUSION is designed with a modular aluminum body and shock-absorbing high quality components inside to achieve the reliability, flexibility, ease of use and high optical performance.
- Recurring costs for battery are about the same for FUSION and VALO Cordless: FUSION's smart battery typically lasts more than 2 years and costs ~ $120 to replace it. VALO's battery warranty is 3 months which extrapolates to replacement cost for 2-years of about $128 (=$16x2x4).
- The difference is FUSION's smart battery is self-contained without your worry to stock and charge battery manually.
- From an ease of use standpoint, VALO is:
- not as easy to access both upper and lower with its fixed body/head.
- confusing o determine the power level and time to work with given there are three power levels and 9 timer settings indicated with five LED indicators. It also has a built-in 2 seconds delay in the Xtra Power mode between cures that will slow your speed down 40% demotivating you in using the high power capability.
- cumbersome to recharge the battery like a consumer-grade flash light that requires you to unscrew a cap and take out the battery to a charge in a cradle.
- worrisome to disinfect and clean exposed charge cradle in a clinical environment.
- easy to access both the lower and upper with its 360 degree swivel light head.
- easy to use with its lighter and balanced weight. Its advanced LCD and metal keypad intuitively display the power/timer setting and color code its large activation button. Its high power is always available to the user for maximum efficiency.
- easy to charge the smart battery with self-contained metal charging stand with back direct plug capability for extended operation. The smart battery is invisible to the user for multiple years.
- easy to disinfect and clean the light with everything self-contained without exposed components.
Are all curing lights the same?
How can I measure the power of curing light?
How much time does it take to cure with FUSION?
|Resin Brand||Filtek Supreme Plus||Heliomolar||Tetric EvoCeram||TPH3||XRV Herculite|
|Cure Times (FUSION5, Plus or Grand)||3||9||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Cure Times (FUSION S7)||10||30||10||10||10||10||10||10|
What are the recommeded cleaning procedures?
- a) FUSION parts are recommended to be cleaned and disinfected with a cleaning solution including Cavicide, Lysol, Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol. Do not autoclave or ultrasonic.
b) Thoroughly wipe clean handpiece, Charging Base and Eyeshield with a soft cloth or tissue damped with the cleaning solution. Do not spray or soak. Disinfecting agents and liquid must not enter any openings on unit in particular Metal keypad.
c) Clean curing lens and electrical metal contacts using Q-tips slightly damped (do not soak) with the cleaning solution.
Safeguard handpiece opening area, metal keypad, charging plug, and lens against liquid and sharp objects as this may cause electrical short-circuit, permanent optical damage or malfunction
I have a FUSION, can I convert to DOE for oral cancer screening?
Why is FUSION better than other curing lights?
- FUSION distinguishes itself from the crowd of other dental curing lights as:
- The most powerful: proven power of 4000 mW/cm2 (FUSION 5) and 2700 mW/cm2 (FUSION 4)
- Minimum dispersion: power remaining at 2600 mW/cm2 and 1000mW/cm2 at 8mm distance from the light tip while almost all lights are below 400 mW/cm2
- The most uniform beam pattern to ensure uniform composite hardness and minimum stress
- Constant intensity throughout the battery running time and life time.
- The smallest, the most ergonomic and easy to use with its intuitive and advanced interface
- The most reliable with close to tens years field proven track record based on its solid metal construction with shock and water proof design
- The lowest profile light probe with 360 degree easy access
- And above all: it is not just a curing light, but the most advanced light system that delivers upgrade options for more revenue streams:
- oral exam for early detection of oral cancer
- super high power transillumination for caries/fracture/canal detection
- full arch bleaching
- and more
Does FUSION cure all materials?
Does FUSION generate heat?
- Use appropriate curing times. Limit the exposure time on a single tooth to below 3 seconds at a time, which has proven to be safe.
- Do not place light in direct contact with unprotected gingival, oral mucous membrane or skin. Prevent heat accumulation with a rubber dam in place or apply Kool-Dam on the gingiva and surrounding soft tissue prior to curing.
- Use technique of blowing air from an air syringe on the tooth being restored at the same time the resin is being cured as suggested by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
- Use technique of placing a wet cotton roll directly on the tooth crown opposite the side of exposure to lesson temperature rise.
- Use Pulse Power Mode to generate less heat if the users are more comfortable with it.
Is FUSION cordless and what is the benefit of cordless?
- Thanks to its superior technology and engineering design, FUSION has been independently proven as the smallest high power cordless light achieving performances in power and functionality no other corded or cordless lights can match. It takes the smallest counter space with a counter charger stand. Or it can sit right on your dental unit with optional dental unit charger holder. As powerful as it is, FUSION maintains consistent power through its battery run time.
- Cordless provides freedom of movement in patient treatment: allowing easier access without the cord dangling around and avoiding costly limitations to a single chair with room-to-room or chair-to-chair mobility. With proper design as demonstrated by FUSION, cordless avoids major long term failure in mechanical fatigue breakage from the cord.
Since using the DentLight since 2013, I have found it to be very useful and convenient. It is easy to use for curing, transillumination and exams with tissue fluorescence. The option which I have found most helpful is the low level Red Healing attachment. Following a long dental procedure, I simply switch from the curing to the healing attachment, and my patients are pleasantly surprised at the relief they feel in the TMJ area and muscles of mastication. I recommend the DentLight.
James T Smith Jr DMD, MAGD, FICOI
The DentLight Fusion with dual cure attachment is a definite ‘outside the box’ design. Often, the success or failure of a bonded restoration lies with how well polymerized the material is. Frequently, dentists are curing composites multiple times from multiple angles. By creating a device with two curing heads, DentLight has given the practitioner the ability to cure in two locations at once halving the time needed. Also, the device can easily switch LED arrays for oral cancer screening and transillumination. Having one device with multiple functions makes things much more efficient.
Power and speed. Cure with 4000 mW/cm2. Power, speed, and options make DentLight the perfect choice for curing.
The DentLight Fusion has always been an excellent curing light. When we create larger composite restorations, it is often necessary to cure from more than one surface at a time. The new dual-head model allows curing from the buccal and lingual simultaneously.
- “Great curing light and its low weight is impressive.”
- “Convenient cordless feature.”
- “I liked the ability to customize the curing time and curing light intensity.
- “The shape of the light makes it very easy to use, even interproximally.”
- “Buy this light!”
|atlantadental.com||Atlanta Dental Supply||678-584-4884|
|benco.com||Benco Dental Co.||800 462-3626|
|BURHART DENTAL – ID||(208) 898-9575|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Las Vegas||(702) 454-3599|
|Burkhart Dental – Dallas||972-471-2727|
|Burkhart Dental – OKC||(405) 948-7085|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Phoenix||(602) 437-1701|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Portland||(503) 252-9777|
|Burkhart Dental – Reno||(253) 474-7761|
|BURKHART DENTAL – San Diego||(858) 694-5504|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Houston||(281) 821-7000|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Austin||512-206-0401|
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|henryschein.ca||Henry Schein – Canada||(905) 646-1711|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Albuquerque, NM||(505) 884-6747|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – AUBURN HILLS, MI||(248) 475-8700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Boise, ID||(208) 375-7341|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Bryant, AR||(501) 847-6696|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – COLUMBUS OH||(614) 791-9141|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – El Segundo, CA||(310) 426-3100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Ft. Lauderdale, FL||(954) 717-1206|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Hawaii||(808) 682-3875|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Indianapolis, IN||317-733-4900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – LAS VEGAS, NV||(702) 731-4267|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – NASHVILLE, TN||(615) 884-2060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Salt Lake, UT||(801) 467-1119|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – San Diego, CA|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Shreveport, LA||(318) 797-6010|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – SPOKANE, WA||(509) 838-8581|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Springfield MO||(417) 865-9222|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Sunnyvale, CA||(408) 773-0776|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – TAMPA, FL||(813) 744-2900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Knoxville, TN||865 218 1310|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -LaVista NE|
|Patterson -PELHAM, AL||(205) 985-0126|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Wichita, KS||(316) 315-1800|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Hazelwood||314-595-1300|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – AURORA||(303) 393-1081|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Blythewood||803-691-2202|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Boone||515-433-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Central||800 328-5536|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Des Moines||(515) 254-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Dinuba||559-595-1450|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fargo||(701) 235-7387|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fort Worth||817-837-2700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Kent||253-850-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Lenexa||(913) 492-6100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Mount Joy||717-653-3060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – PEWAUKEE||(262) 408-4100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – South Bend||574-289-8485|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Chicago|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Houston||(832) 590-5000|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Round Rock||(512) 218-5200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – San Antonio||(210) 256-5424|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Tulsa||(918) 627-1195|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply INC – S. Lake||(817) 305-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental- Jacksonville||904-741-4480|
|pearsondental.com||Pearson Dental Supply||800 535-4535|
|poppdentalsupply.com||Popp Dental Supply LLC||414 421 3368|