Amazing Light for Everyday Practice
FUSION 5 is the biggest advancement in FUSION history, featuring the most powerful and dependable curing light with:
- Impressive performance
- Ultrafast 3 second cures
- 4000 mW/cm2 uniform intensity across 10mm curing tip
- Unique, patented optics deliver a laser-like curing beam with minimum dispersion:
- 2300mW@/cm2 at 10mm distance away from the tip
- quadrupling the power of other lights
- Distinctive design
- Ergonomic, intuitive and easy to use.
- The thinnest tip with 90 degree angle access
- Solid aircraft aluminum construction
- Seamless integration with backlit LCD interface
- Superb conversion efficiency with minimum heat generation
- 360 degree swivel head for easy access to full oral cavity
- Bonding multiple restorations, crowns/veneers, and brackets in one click.
- Flexibility at its finest – not just a curing light, but a versatile multi-purpose light with more functions than before:
- Built-in oral screening program for oral cancer screening
- Built-in caries detection upgradability
- Built-in programs to upgrade for teeth whitening
- Built-in photodynamic pain therapy for TMJ patients
Be the first to experience the most powerful and versatile light!
Call us today at 800-763-6901 ext 720 or email: email@example.com
Since using the DentLight since 2013, I have found it to be very useful and convenient. It is easy to use for curing, transillumination and exams with tissue fluorescence. The option which I have found most helpful is the low level Red Healing attachment. Following a long dental procedure, I simply switch from the curing to the healing attachment, and my patients are pleasantly surprised at the relief they feel in the TMJ area and muscles of mastication. I recommend the DentLight.
James T Smith Jr DMD, MAGD, FICOI
- FUSION 5 Curing Light
- DentLight is launching three new wireless products
- FUSION 5 receives top ratings
Plano, Texas – May 12, 2016 – DentLight Inc. announced today the release of FUSION® 5, the biggest advancement in FUSION history, featuring a 4000 mW/cm2 laser sharp focused curing beam in an all-new, dramatically thin tip design.
Leveraged by its patented optics and modular design, FUSION 5 has upgraded its optoelectronics to increase curing power more than 50% of its predecessors. Additionally, FUSION 5 improves the uniformity and dispersion of the optical beam while significantly reducing heat generation for the most efficient and quality composite cure in as fast as 3 seconds.
The new FUSION features a precision modular body assembly of durable anodized aluminum that conforms seamlessly to an intuitive LCD metal keypad interface. FUSION 5 is engineered to be the thinnest ever, delivering not only the most powerful and uniform optical beam but also a better balanced design that is comfortable to hold, use and clean.
FUSION 5 is the heavy-duty light that clinicians can count on to save curing time, improve quality and cover all composite restoration applications including fillings, sealants, veneers, crowns and adhesives for brackets.
FUSION 5 is not only an ultrafast 3-second curing light but also a multifunctional and versatile light that is easily upgradable for high-power transillumination (caries/fractures/canals), fluorescent imaging (early cancer detection), and photodynamic pain therapy for added profit streams.
DentLight has been designing and manufacturing award-winning dental products in Plano, Texas for the past 11 years. Our mission is to assist clinicians in delivering better procedural outcomes through superior optics and optoelectronic devices. We do this by providing innovative product designs, particular LED lighting based dental equipment including curing lights, oral exam systems (cancer screening and caries detection), headlights, loupes, video cameras, eye protection, and bleaching lights.
Call 800-763-6901 or visit www.dentlight.com
Dentlight Launches 3 New Wireless Products – FUSION5 Curing Light, Nano Freedom Headlight and iOcam Loupe Camera
Since 2005, DentLight has been setting new standards in advanced optoelectronic dental devices. The Plano, Texas-based technology innovator is introducing three new products in the CDA meeting at Booth# 1385. These new products will significantly maximize practice efficiency and profitability.
Building on the achievements of its award-winning predecessors using patented optics and optoelectronic design, FUSION5 doubles the curing power while shrinking the access profile by 50 percent. It not only delivers 4,000 milliwatts per square centimeter plasma power for bulk or three-second cure, but also more importantly, further improves the uniformity and dispersion of the fusion optical beam. In addition, it significantly reduces heat generation for the most efficient and quality cure. On top of its ultrafast and reliable curing function, the product can be expanded for caries, canals and oral cancer detection for added profit streams as well.
Dr. Howard Glazer said, “FUSION Curing Light is a 21st century light that is versatile, cost-effective and valuable in everyday practice.”
Dr. John Comisi is sold too. He said that, “The Fusion Light is one GREAT all around light for the dental office. You get the benefits of three lights in one! Curing, transillumination and oral cancer screening. The curing power is remarkable, the power of the white light attachment for caries and cracked tooth detection is great and the ability to use the DOE attachment for an enhanced oral tissue/cancer screening and evaluation makes this light the complete package!”
The company is also pleased to launch Nano Freedom wireless light, which is a patent pending lightweight headlight system that is compatible to most major loupes. The product gives the users the utmost comfort, style and performance. The amount of technology and innovation integrated with the new light are remarkable from the delivery of pure white uniform optical beam, to the integration of LED lamp and wireless battery that add little weight bearing to the eyewear. The light can be touch-free activated and can run all day giving the users complete freedom of movement, while solving everyday headaches of wire tangling and costly service.
Dr. Doug Lambert said, “Nano is so light, so bright … the perfect addition to any magnification system!”
The iOCam camera is a lightweight loupe mounted HD camera that provides recording capability at 1280×720 pixel resolution. The new wireless upgrade enables multidevice live video streaming capability for instant remote monitoring and recording.
Dr. George Freedman said, “The iOCam is the smallest magnified video camera in dentistry. When utilized for patient communication and education, it invariably becomes the catalyst for patient referrals. It is also very useful for consultations with specialists and insurance documentation.”
Combining the three wireless products, dental professionals now can perform their everyday procedures at ease with the best quality and efficiency.
For more information about DentLight’s products, visit www.dentlight.com or stop by Booth #1385 to take advantage of special show promotion offers of up to 30 percent.
- “Great curing light and its low weight is impressive.”
- “Convenient cordless feature.”
- “I liked the ability to customize the curing time and curing light intensity.
- “The shape of the light makes it very easy to use, even interproximally.”
- “Buy this light!”
By Howard E. Strassler, DMDDespite appearances that all curing lights are adequate, research has demonstrated that not all light-curing devices are equivalent! It involves specific devices and techniques, not all of which are equivalent. I have seen data for the evaluation of more than 145 different models of curing lights from 42 manufacturers. The prices of these lights range from $27-$4,900, with stated irradiance values ranging from 400-5,000 mW/cm2. While irradiance is the most common and easiest technique to measure curing light tip energy,Read more
Are all curing lights the same?
How will you compare FUSION to VALO Cordless?
- FUSION and VALO are two of the best brand name curing lights on the market in terms of performance and durability.
- Both lights are made of aircraft aluminum with superior construction for ease of access and drop proof reliability.
- At the curing light tip, VALO has lower power than FUSION 5 and higher power than FUSION 4. At 8 millimeters distance from the light tip, Valo is about 50% less power than FUSION 5.
- FUSION has much better beam uniformity (homogeneity) and ease of use with its smaller weight (~30%) and LCD interface.
- VALO is designed on a uni-body aluminum to achieve the reliability and high power. It uses standard CRA123 rechargeable batteries with exposed counter stand open cradle battery charger. FUSION is designed with a modular aluminum body and shock-absorbing high quality components inside to achieve the reliability, flexibility, ease of use and high optical performance.
- Recurring costs for battery are about the same for FUSION and VALO Cordless: FUSION's smart battery typically lasts more than 2 years and costs ~ $120 to replace it. VALO's battery warranty is 3 months which extrapolates to replacement cost for 2-years of about $128 (=$16x2x4). The difference is FUSION's smart battery is self-contained without your worry to stock and charge battery manually.
- From an ease of use standpoint, VALO is:
- not as easy to access both upper and lower with its fixed body/head.
- confusing o determine the power level and time to work with given there are three power levels and 9 timer settings indicated with five LED indicators. It also has a built-in 2 seconds delay in the Xtra Power mode between cures that will slow your speed down 40% demotivating you in using the high power capability.
- cumbersome to recharge the battery like a consumer-grade flash light that requires you to unscrew a cap and take out the battery to a charge in a cradle.
- worrisome to disinfect and clean exposed charge cradle in a clinical environment.
- easy to access both the lower and upper with its 360 degree swivel light head.
- easy to use with its lighter and balanced weight. Its advanced LCD and metal keypad intuitively display the power/timer setting and color code its large activation button. Its high power is always available to the user for maximum efficiency.
- easy to charge the smart battery with self-contained metal charging stand with back direct plug capability for extended operation. The smart battery is invisible to the user for multiple years.
- easy to disinfect and clean the light with everything self-contained without exposed components.
How can I measure the power of curing light?
How much time does it take to cure with FUSION?
|Resin Brand||Filtek Supreme Plus||Heliomolar||Tetric EvoCeram||TPH3||XRV Herculite|
|Cure Times (FUSION 5)||3||9||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Cure Times (FUSION 4)||5||15||5||5||5||5||5||5|
|Cure Times (FUSION S7)||10||30||10||10||10||10||10||10|
What are the recommeded cleaning procedures?
- a) FUSION parts are recommended to be cleaned and disinfected with a cleaning solution including Cavicide, Lysol, Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol. Do not autoclave or ultrasonic.
b) Thoroughly wipe clean handpiece, Charging Base and Eyeshield with a soft cloth or tissue damped with the cleaning solution. Do not spray or soak. Disinfecting agents and liquid must not enter any openings on unit in particular Metal keypad.
c) Clean curing lens and electrical metal contacts using Q-tips slightly damped (do not soak) with the cleaning solution.
Safeguard handpiece opening area, metal keypad, charging plug, and lens against liquid and sharp objects as this may cause electrical short-circuit, permanent optical damage or malfunction
I have a FUSION, can I convert to DOE for oral cancer screening?
Why is FUSION better than other curing lights?
- FUSION distinguishes itself from the crowd of other dental curing lights as:
- The most powerful: proven power of 4000 mW/cm2 (FUSION 5) and 2700 mW/cm2 (FUSION 4)
- Minimum dispersion: power remaining at 2600 mW/cm2 and 1000mW/cm2 at 8mm distance from the light tip while almost all lights are below 400 mW/cm2
- The most uniform beam pattern to ensure uniform composite hardness and minimum stress
- Constant intensity throughout the battery running time and life time.
- The smallest, the most ergonomic and easy to use with its intuitive and advanced interface
- The most reliable with close to tens years field proven track record based on its solid metal construction with shock and water proof design
- The lowest profile light probe with 360 degree easy access
- And above all: it is not just a curing light, but the most advanced light system that delivers upgrade options for more revenue streams:
- oral exam for early detection of oral cancer
- super high power transillumination for caries/fracture/canal detection
- full arch bleaching
- and more
Does FUSION cure all materials?
Does FUSION generate heat?
- Use appropriate curing times. Limit the exposure time on a single tooth to below 10 seconds at a time, which has proven to be safe.
- Do not place light in direct contact with unprotected gingival, oral mucous membrane or skin. Prevent heat accumulation with a rubber dam in place or apply Kool-Dam on the gingiva and surrounding soft tissue prior to curing.
- Use technique of blowing air from an air syringe on the tooth being restored at the same time the resin is being cured as suggested by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
- Use technique of placing a wet cotton roll directly on the tooth crown opposite the side of exposure to lesson temperature rise.
- Use Pulse Power Mode to generate minimum heat.
Is FUSION cordless and what is the benefit of cordless?
- Thanks to its superior technology and engineering design, FUSION has been independently proven as the smallest high power cordless light achieving performances in power and functionality no other corded or cordless lights can match. It takes the smallest counter space with a counter charger stand. Or it can sit right on your dental unit with optional dental unit charger holder. As powerful as it is, FUSION maintains consistent power through its battery run time.
- Cordless provides freedom of movement in patient treatment: allowing easier access without the cord dangling around and avoiding costly limitations to a single chair with room-to-room or chair-to-chair mobility. With proper design as demonstrated by FUSION, cordless avoids major long term failure in mechanical fatigue breakage from the cord.
|Tip sizes||10mm, 3mm, 9mm, 13mm|
|Power (mW/cm2)||4000 (± 10%, NIST calibrated spectrometer)|
|Cure All Materials||Yes (with purchase of optional violet light module)|
|Battery||Smart Li-Ion rechargeable with built-in charging/protection electronics. 1-year warranty with typical service life of 5 years. User replaceable.|
|Run Time (minutes)||70 (plasma-mode);
|Recharge Time (hrs)||1.5|
|Timer options||Constant 3 (Plasma), 3, 5, 10, 20, 60 (Pulse)|
|Curing Time||3 seconds (A3 or lighter shades)|
|Standard Warranty||2 years (battery 1 year)|
|Comparisons||Fusion 5||FUSION 4||Demi Ultra||Elipar S10||Valo Cordless|
|Light Intensity||4000 (Plasma)||2700 (Plasma)||1100||1600||3200 (Xtra Power)|
|2000 (Pulse)||1200 (Pulse)||1400 (High)|
|Curing Time (s)||3||5||20||10||3|
|Solid Metal Construction||√||√||X (plastic housing )||X (metal housing + fiber glass)||√|
|Interface||LCD backlit||LCD backlit||Push button||Push button||Push button|
|Timer||3 (Plasma)||5, 10 (Plasma)||5, 10, 20||5, 10, 15, 20||3 (Xtra Power)|
|1, 2, 3, 4 (High)|
|3, 5, 10, 20, 60 (Pulse)||4, 5, 10, 20 (Pulse)||5, 10, 15, 20 (Standard)|
|Tip Diameter (mm)||10||10||8||9||10|
|(caries, bulk ceramic, cancer screening, photoactivated disinfection)|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|American Dental Systems||+49 (0) 8106 - 300 300|
|APOldent||(482) 274-7091 x8|
|www.cigalah.com.sa||Cigalah Group||126 148 2181|
|dentecnz.co.nz||DENTEC NZ LIMITED|
|gooche.com.cn||GOOCHE HEALTHCARE CO., LTD.|
|henryschein.ca||Henry Schein – Canada||(905) 646-1711|
|www.optimahg.com.au||Optima Healthcare Group|
|pattersondental.ca||Patterson Dental Canada – Sherwood Park|
|pattersondental.ca||Patterson Dental Supply – Canada||(514) 745-4020|
|PT Cahaya Kharisma||62 2154375572|
|raydent.com.sg||Raydent||+65 6741 5411|