Product Number: Silver: 7600080
The most versatile and powerful curing light
You’ve got the POWER!!!
- Plasma-equivalent cure speed
- 2700mW/cm2 focused, low dispersion beam ensures secure/fast bonding
- 5 second cures of all composites
- Time Savings $30,000 per year
Incredible size and unmatched durability
- Improved angulation with lower profile for easier access in the oral cavity.
- Easier to use and better ergonomics with two raised buttons including a large ON/OFF button for easy activation.
- Upgraded LCD with multi-color backlight for power mode display
- Solid metal construction with improved shock proof durability
- Retro-compatible modular design.
- Cordless or corded with replaceable battery
Not just a curing light, but a versatile multi-purpose light with built-in upgradable functions:
- Built-in oral screening program for oral cancer screening
- Built-in caries detection upgradability
- Built-in programs to upgrade for teeth whitening
FUSION curing light uses patented lens technology enabling the control of LED light pattern into a soliton-like focused beam within a typical composite setting. Intrinsically, LED emits light in a pattern with a divergence of over 120 degrees. The divergence of light significantly weakens the light intensity at the bottom of a box as compared to the top. For a typical Class II restoration with a depth of 4-6mm, the intensity can drop as much as 80% from the top to bottom layer resulting in less cure, more wear and sensitivity from a completed restoration. Similarly with bonding brackets, which is typically 3-8mm distance away from the light tip. Bracket bonding failures are a direct result of light tolerance over distance and positioning.
FUSION not only provides a uniform light distribution over composite areas but most importantly overcomes the intensity drop over distance. Consistent high power over spatial map and all distances significantly helps clinicians improve restoration quality and tolerance.
Ref. Richard B. Price; Daniel Labrie; J. Marc Whalen; Christopher M. Felix, “Effect of Distance on Irradiance and Beam Homogeneity from 4 Light-Emitting Diode Curing Units”, J. Can Dent Assoc 2011; 77; b9
FUSION uses the highest end LED with a full wavelength coverage to enable all composite initiators. It is precision crafted with an aircraft aluminum solid body with drop-proof durability. It sets a precedent with an amazing amount of technology in a remarkably small and sleek design including an amazing LCD in a light this small with backlit metal keypad and raised buttons for easy activation.
FUSION is not only a 5-second high power curing light but also upgradable to perform oral cancer screening and caries detection. It is a complete package for clinicians’ everyday practice!
|Tip (# of sizes)||3 (3mm, 9mm, 13mm)|
|Power (mW/cm2)||2700 (± 10%, center 4mm beam)|
|Cure All Materials||Yes(with purchase of optional violet light module)|
|Battery||Li-Ion rechargeable and removable|
|Run Time (min)||40 (high plasma-like power);
90 (Standard LED power)
|Recharge Time (hrs)||1.5|
|Timer options||Constant 5, 10 (hiPower), 5, 10, 20, 60 (PulsePower)|
|Curing Time||5 seconds (A3 or lighter shades)|
|Standard Warranty||2 years (battery 1 year)|
- FUSION 4 vs. FUSION 3.0
- Curing Composite Hardness Comparisons
- Selecting FUSION Models
- FUSION 4 Competitive Comparisons
FUSION 4 significantly advances the technology and legacy from its predecessor FUSION 3.0. It improves on the delivered power density and its legacy of reliability while most importantly on the ease of use, ergonomics and functionality. Following table compares those differences.
|Attribute/Model||FUSION 4||FUSION 3.0||Benefit|
- front large On/Off; – back timer/power
|Three buttons- middle On/Off; – back timer and front power||Simplified the operation to make it more ergonomic to operate and much easier to use/handle.Color coded large run button makes it hassle free and well balanced.|
-Pulse power green
- Power levels not displayed
|Modern appeal to much nicer screen. New pulse power mode makes it easy control for low heat and low shrinkage cure.|
|Built-in Timer/ Program||
-High power: 5, 10 sec.
-Pulse power: 5, 10, 20, 60 sec.
-Bleaching: 15 minutes
-Auto power on with any keys
-High power 5, 10, 20 sec
-Half power 5, 10, 20 sec
- Easy curing timer and pulse mode to avoid over cure and overheat
-Easy exam mode (60s)
-Added bleaching mode
|Bleaching Add-ON||Flex-arm, bleaching attachment and new 15 minutes program for four sessions of standalone operation||No programs to enable standalone operation||New profit streams|
FUSION has been proven to provide the best composite hardness within the same curing time comparing with all other tested lights by Reality publishing’s independent ratings including Sapphire plasma light (a). In fact, to achieve the same hardness, FUSION uses half and mostly 1/4 of the time of other lights.
* Data courtesy of Reality Publishing – The Ratings for composite hardness (Knoop) tested at 2mm and results further validated from ADA studies (data available upon request).
** FUSION is trademarked by DentLight. Other brands are not registered brands of DentLight.
The FUSION models are optimized for clinicians’ use for GPs, Hygienists, and Orthodontists. Depending on the clinicians’ particular needs for functionality, performance and price, you can pick the best one suited for your everyday practice.
|FUSION 4||FUSION S7||FUSION 4 Ortho|
|Applications||• Restorations (resins/adhesives, bases, liners, sealants),
|• Restorations (Veneers, Crowns, Inlays, Onlays)
• Dental Labs (Abutment, Coping, Stump Shades, Temporaries, Surgical Guides, Relines, Duraline)• Restorations (resins/adhesives, bases, liners, sealants),
• Dental Labs (Abutment, Coping, Stump Shades, Temporaries, Surgical Guides, Relines, Duraline)
• Bracket (ceramic or metal)
|Functions||• Backlit LCD with Multiple programs
• Two power levels
(Plasma high level for 5-sec fast cure, and Pulse-power for low heat/low shrinkage cure)
|Simple one button||• LCD with Multiple programs for direct or indirect bonding
• Two power levels (Plasma high level for 4-sec metal brackets bonding, and Pulsed Power for low heat bonding)
|Tips||3mm, 9mm, 10mm, 13mm||10mm||10mm|
|Power||2700 mW/cm2||1200 mW/cm||2700 mW/cm2|
|Fusion||Valo Cordless||DEMI Plus|
|Max Light Intensity
|Solid Metal Construction|
|Tip Diameter (mm)||10||10||8|
|Body Diameter (mm)||22||32||40|
|360 degree Swivel Access|
|Timer (s)||5, 10
|5, 10, 15, 20
|5, 10, 20|
(3200 mW/cm2 )
(need then to wait 2s)
|Recharging Time (min)||90||180||150|
|Cordless and Corded|
|Dental Unit Charging||(Optional)|
|Durability and Ease of Service|
|Tacking Tip Included|
|13mm and 9mm Tip Included|
|Barrier Sleeves Included||(100)||(50)||(1)|
Oral Cancer Screening)
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||3 years|
|1-year battery||90 day battery||1-year battery|
Courtesy of S. Benjamin
- Snap on tacking tip. Place the tip firmly with pressure on the center of the Cerec crown and tack for 1 second then stop. Wipe excess clean then switch to 9mm cap. Anchor light using the 9mm cap on top of the crown. Full cure for 10 seconds.
- Nice contact, easy cleaning, and efficient bonding.
Built-in Oral Exam Program
Select 60 seconds timer for oral exam: a) Violet Light Head (optional) for cancer screening; b) White Light Head (optional) for caries and fracture detection.[/subtab]
Built-in Full Arch Teeth Whitening Function
Full-arch Bleaching Attachment – converting the light into a full–arch bleaching light.
Bleaching Upgrade Kit includes the Full-arch Bleaching Attachment, Mouth Guard and a Flex-arm that holds the Handpiece on the one side and clamps on the other side of the dental chair’s head rest. To operate in Bleaching Mode, press and hold ON/OFF Key for 3 seconds to select Bleaching Mode (15 minute Pulse Power Mode) then press ON/OFF to start.
|Resin Brand||Filtek Supreme Plus||Heliomolar||Tetric EvoCeram||TPH3||XRV Herculite|
|Cure Times||Per layer||5||15||5||5||5||5||5||5|
|Final layer||10||Two 10||10||10||10||10||10||10|
Mount chair-side charge holder on dental chair bar. Place light back to stand after use.
Light always charged full. No more battery worries and no need for counter space.
By Howard E. Strassler, DMDDespite appearances that all curing lights are adequate, research has demonstrated that not all light-curing devices are equivalent! It involves specific devices and techniques, not all of which are equivalent. I have seen data for the evaluation of more than 145 different models of curing lights from 42 manufacturers. The prices of these lights range from $27-$4,900, with stated irradiance values ranging from 400-5,000 mW/cm2. While irradiance is the most common and easiest technique to measure curing light tip energy,Read more
By Michael B. Miller, DDSThe selection of a curing light that fits your style of practicing remains one of the most important equipment purchases you will make. If you have an active restorative practice, it is a device that you use virtually every time you treat a patient. The right light can help you achieve success, while the converse is true – the wrong light can make your efforts more tedious and your results less consistent.Read more
By Reality EstheticsFUSION – Cordless, LED curing light from DentLight Reality Esthetics, January 2010
Why is FUSION better than other curing lights?
- FUSION 4 distinguishes itself from the crowd of other dental curing lights as:
- The most powerful: proven power of 2700 mW/cm2 with minimum dispersion (over 1000mW/cm2 maintained at 8mm distance)
- The most uniform beam pattern to ensure uniform composite hardness and minimum stress
- The smallest, the most ergonomic and easy to use with its intuitive and advanced interface
- The most reliable with close to tens years field proven track record based on its solid metal construction with shock and water proof design
- The lowest profile light probe with 360 degree easy access
- And above all: it is not just a curing light, but the most advanced light system that delivers upgrade options for more revenue streams:
- oral exam for early detection of oral cancer
- super high power transillumination for caries/fracture/canal detection
- full arch bleaching
How much time does it take to cure with FUSION?
|Resin Brand||Filtek Supreme Plus||Heliomolar||Tetric EvoCeram||TPH3||XRV Herculite|
What are the recommeded cleaning procedures?
- a) FUSION parts are recommended to be cleaned and disinfected with a cleaning solution including Cavicide, Lysol, Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol. Do not autoclave or ultrasonic.
b) Thoroughly wipe clean handpiece, Charging Base and Eyeshield with a soft cloth or tissue damped with the cleaning solution. Do not spray or soak. Disinfecting agents and liquid must not enter any openings on unit in particular Metal keypad.
c) Clean curing lens and electrical metal contacts using Q-tips slightly damped (do not soak) with the cleaning solution.
Safeguard handpiece opening area, metal keypad, charging plug, and lens against liquid and sharp objects as this may cause electrical short-circuit, permanent optical damage or malfunction
How can I measure the power of curing light?
How do I make sure that the composites/adhesives are cured properly?
- Curing Light Selection
- Correct Operating Technique
- Proper Composite/Adhesive Selection
- Deliver Required Energy
Is FUSION cordless and what is the benefit of cordless?
- Thanks to its superior technology and engineering design, FUSION has been independently proven as the smallest high power cordless light achieving performances in power and functionality no other corded or cordless lights can match. It takes the smallest counter space with a counter charger stand. Or it can sit right on your dental unit with optional dental unit charger holder. As powerful as it is, FUSION maintains consistent power through its battery run time.
- Cordless provides freedom of movement in patient treatment: allowing easier access without the cord dangling around and avoiding costly limitations to a single chair with room-to-room or chair-to-chair mobility. With proper design as demonstrated by FUSION, cordless avoids major long term failure in mechanical fatigue breakage from the cord.
How often does the battery need to be replaced and can the light be serviced?
- Typical battery lifetime is more than 2 years. Users can easily replace FUSION battery assembly with its screw-on connection.
- FUSION is modular in construction. User can easily replace the modular parts for field service. The light can be serviced by our manufacturing facility and authorized repair centers.
What is Pulse Mode (Standard LED Power) Mode and when do I use it?
- Press and hold TM/PW Key for 3 seconds to set at Pulse mode (1300mW/cm2). Use this power mode to avoid heat. The matter of fact is, since FUSION is so much advanced and powerful, that the Pulse Mode (Half-power mode) is higher than or equal to actual power outputs of other leading brand LED curing lights with a similar tip size. For example, Demi with 11mm Turbo tip outputs 1100mW/cm2 power*. With its advanced heat cooling and power maintenance technology, FUSION generates minimum heat in Half Power mode and allows continuous operation without any interruptions.
- This mode is also used for extended running in oral exam and bleaching.
Does FUSION have heat problems?
- Use appropriate curing times. Limit the exposure time on a single tooth to below 10 seconds at a time, which has proven to be safe.
- Do not place light in direct contact with unprotected gingival, oral mucous membrane or skin. Prevent heat accumulation with a rubber dam in place or apply Kool-Dam on the gingiva and surrounding soft tissue prior to curing.
- Use technique of blowing air from an air syringe on the tooth being restored at the same time the resin is being cured as suggested by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
- Use technique of placing a wet cotton roll directly on the tooth crown opposite the side of exposure to lesson temperature rise.
- Use Pulse Power Mode to generate minimum heat.
Does FUSION cure all materials?
Why do I need a White Light Head and what is an “Exam Tip”?
- Illumination to have side-by-side visual under fluorescence and enhanced white light illumination with the same magnification image
- Transillumination for hard tissue oral health exam including dental caries, fractures, and root canal.
I have a FUSION, can I convert to DOE for oral cancer screening?
The Fusion 3.0 is so compact and lightweight, and I have found it to be very well-balanced and comfortable to hold. Its controls are easy to use and see, and its low-profile curing head fits nicely into most areas of the mouth.
I would recommend the Fusion 3.0 without reservation to my colleagues who are in the market for a high-power, versatile curing light that is economical and so useful in everyday practice.
Dr. Howard Glazer
The Fusion Light is one GREAT all-around light for the dental office. You get the benefits of three lights in one! Curing, Transillumination and Oral Cancer Screening. The Curing power is remarkable, the power of the white light attachment for caries and cracked tooth detection is great and the ability to use the DOE attachment for an enhanced oral tissue/cancer screening and evaluation makes this light the complete package!
John Comisi DDS., M.A.G.D.
I strongly recommend the DentLight Fusion. It is by far the best light I’ve ever used. It has a 5 sec cure for most composites, great ergonomics and can be passed like a hand instrument, it’s very durable, I can use it to seat a CEREC / other indirect restorations and tack cure it. I bought one for every operatory. I also use the bar mount charging unit / docking station so that it is always charged. You should be able to buy it from any dealer that you use.
Dr. Scott D. Benjamin
I have been using the Fusion curing light for three years now. It has been great addition to our practice, It has a powerful beam, nicly designed that can access easily all teeth in the mouth. It’s also well constructed, durable product. I have piece of mind that I am curing well my first increment in a deep box!!! Thank you for a great product.
Amer Abu-Hanna DDS MS
The Fusion Curing Light by Dentlight offers great versatility in a lightweight, easily handled, smartly designed instrument. Not only is it a fast curing light but it comes with a masking shield that reduces the light to a pinpoint for spot curing laminates while placing them if that technique is desired by the clinician.
Dr. Robert Weller
Dentlight has the Nano LED light at 11 grams ( new model reported to be 6) and 4200 footcandles. Company also has one of the most powerful and compact curing lights (Fusion).
In my hands the Fusion light is the light of choice compared to the Valo. Thank-you for this simple yet powerful tool.
Dr. Chaim Rosenbaum
At all distances, the ICB was lowest for the FlashLite Magna and highest for the Fusion. Only the Fusion maintained anICB above 1000 mW/cm2 at the 8.0 mm distance.
Richard B. Price
Fusion light system incorporates: white light – curing light – oral cancer detection light. It is truly the most versatile on the market… The transillumibation differentiates primary and secondary dentin, indispensable as you explore deeper into the root, hopefully avoiding the disappointment of a root ” perforation” and locating the pulp canal to gain access to the canal terminus at the apex.
Dr. James Malooney DDS, MSD
My staff and I have used the Fusion curing light for several years and are very pleased with its functional design and durability. Its short curing time, due to a high powered focused beam, ensures complete adhesive set in minimal time that adds to both efficiency and productivity. My office highly endorses this product.
Dr. Mark S. Geller, DDS, MSD, P.A
The FUSION’s high power output carries the polymerizing photons further into the composite, making the active working distance longer and allowing deeper bulk curing of the composite restoration. In fact, as composites with ever lower polymerization shrinkage properties are developed, the FUSION curing light may allow single-step bulk curing of these materials (as opposed to the slower, sequential curing of individual thin layers).
Dr. George Freedman DDS
Power, power, power. Seems to be the buzz word with all the new curing lights coming into the marketplace. And rightly so. With the advent of low polymerization shrinkage resins there is the opportunity for bulk filling, and that requires a powerful light. DentLight’s Fusion Curing light is just such a powerful light that offers two easily toggled power modes
Dr. Howard S. Glazer, DDS, FAGD
The fusion is a really nice light. very durable. also has the ability to be upgraded to an oral cancer screen light. very nice product for the price.
Dr. Richard Rosenblatt
I also reduced the size of the headlight on my loupes with a small LED light from DentLightcalled the Nano loupe light. The light was quite a bit brighter and smaller than my previous model. I have a Fusion LED and a Nano Head Lamp and they both pack a mighty light punch in a small package.
Dr. Marty Jablow
From the Clinic Director – Orthodontics, Marquette University – School of Dentistry:
“I must say that FUSION lamp is really, one of the best I’ve ever seen. I have used for almost a year and no problem has ever happened. My cousin also bought the lamp, and he is really happy with it too. DentLight has a great product. Keep doing, and improving what you have.”
Dr. Jose A. Bosio
“Fusion curing lights are the best….covered in metal, not some cheap plastic. Fairly inexpensive, too. I must credit Scott Leune (from the “Not your average start-up” thread) for recommending them to me. Thanks, Scott !! ”
Cult45, Dentaltown Message Board
Fusion 4 Curing Light – Product Release
DentLight Inc is pleased to launch FUSION 4 – the most versatile and powerful curing light. Building on the achievements of its award-winning predecessors, FUSION 4 sets the pace for a new era of high performance smart curing lights.
|atlantadental.com||Atlanta Dental Supply||678-584-4884|
|benco.com||Benco Dental Co.||800 462-3626|
|BURHART DENTAL – ID||(208) 898-9575|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Las Vegas||(702) 454-3599|
|Burkhart Dental – Dallas||972-471-2727|
|Burkhart Dental – OKC||(405) 948-7085|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Phoenix||(602) 437-1701|
|BURKHART DENTAL – Portland||(503) 252-9777|
|Burkhart Dental – Reno||(253) 474-7761|
|BURKHART DENTAL – San Diego||(858) 694-5504|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Houston||(281) 821-7000|
|Burkhart Dental Supply – Austin||512-206-0401|
|carolinadental.com||Carolina Dental Supply||336-883-8100|
|darbydental.com||Darby Dental Inc.||800-448-7323|
|dhpionline.com||Dental Health Products Inc.||800-626-2163|
|goetzedental.com||Goetze Dental||800 692-0804|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – Grand Rapids, MI||(616) 299-4757|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – INDY||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – RENO||800-472-4346|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental – San Diego, CA||(858) 625-0019|
|henryschein.com||Henry-Schein Dental- Nashville-TN||(615) 516-2903|
|midwestdental.com||Midwest Dental Equip||940-322-4592|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Albuquerque, NM||(505) 884-6747|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – AUBURN HILLS, MI||(248) 475-8700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Boise, ID||(208) 375-7341|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Bryant, AR||(501) 847-6696|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – COLUMBUS OH||(614) 791-9141|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – El Segundo, CA||(310) 426-3100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Ft. Lauderdale, FL||(954) 717-1206|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Hawaii||(808) 682-3875|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Indianapolis, IN||317-733-4900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – LAS VEGAS, NV||(702) 731-4267|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – NASHVILLE, TN||(615) 884-2060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Salt Lake, UT||(801) 467-1119|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – San Diego, CA|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Shreveport, LA||(318) 797-6010|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – SPOKANE, WA||(509) 838-8581|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Springfield MO||(417) 865-9222|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – Sunnyvale, CA||(408) 773-0776|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson – TAMPA, FL||(813) 744-2900|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Knoxville, TN||865 218 1310|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -LaVista NE|
|Patterson -PELHAM, AL||(205) 985-0126|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson -Wichita, KS||(316) 315-1800|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Hazelwood||314-595-1300|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – AURORA||(303) 393-1081|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Blythewood||803-691-2202|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Boone||515-433-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Central||800 328-5536|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Des Moines||(515) 254-1700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Dinuba||559-595-1450|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fargo||(701) 235-7387|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Fort Worth||817-837-2700|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Kent||253-850-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Lenexa||(913) 492-6100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – Mount Joy||717-653-3060|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – PEWAUKEE||(262) 408-4100|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental – South Bend||574-289-8485|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Chicago|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Houston||(832) 590-5000|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Round Rock||(512) 218-5200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – San Antonio||(210) 256-5424|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply – Tulsa||(918) 627-1195|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental Supply INC – S. Lake||(817) 305-4200|
|pattersondental.com||Patterson Dental- Jacksonville||904-741-4480|
|pearsondental.com||Pearson Dental Supply||800 535-4535|
|safcodental.com||Safco Dental Supply Co.||(847) 412-9331|
|Scott’s Dental||253 858 9474|
|smartpractice.com||Smart Practice||(800) 522-0800|
|tinmandental.com||Tin Man Dental Supplies||800 554-6394|
|trdental.com||TR Dental Supplies||(562) 431-2446|
|tristatedental.com||Tri-State Dental Supplies, Inc.||(800) 378-7754|
|youngsdental.com||Young’s Dental Supply||(562) 404-3500|
|www.optimahg.com.au||Optima Healthcare Group|
|dentalprofessional.de/produkte-downloads/fusion.html||Dental Professional Service||+49 7543 5004758|
|henryschein.ca||Henry Schein – Canada||(905) 646-1711|
|Jarident, s.r.o.||421 52 7722 924|
|jeddahdental.com||Jeddah Dental Supply||99626692462|
|www.optimahg.com.au||Optima Healthcare Group|
|pattersondental.ca||Patterson Dental Canada – Sherwood Park|
|pattersondental.ca||Patterson Dental Supply – Canada||(514) 745-4020|
|plandent.co.uk||Plandent||1800 552 744|
|PT Cahaya Kharisma||62 2154375572|
|SC DORIOT DENT SRL||40722275562|
|ukens-dental.de||Ukens Dental||49 4931959656|